I Need Your Help!

12:10 PM

In a very non-emergency kind of way!
 via Pinterest
via Pinterest
It was an odd phenomenon, almost comical, how well received my post Do As I Say, Not As I Do!, about my body image (re: issues) seemed to be with my family and friends. It is one of the most organically read posts I've written over the last three years. I don't follow the stats like a true blogger (what is that even?), but I glance at them from time to time. I decided to look at this one because it garnered so many comments on the FB post. It gave me the courage and inspiration to write today's post. Also to ask today's question to you, to anyone who wants to be a part of this for me or for themselves.

I've actually been toying with the idea of doing something similar to what I am about to ask you to do for me for awhile. At first it was more about me taking the initiative and posting body image pics of myself to accompany a post that would have been similar in essence to the one I already posted. After I was fed up at myself, I just wrote that post and hit publish. I didn't think too much about it. I know there are thousands, if not millions, of bloggers out there who have put out the same content. So mine isn't really that different.

I've been trying to figure out an exact way to do this, but I don't think there is. So, like I did with my original post, I'm going to let this happen organically...but start if off with this post.

I am looking for women or men (but I'll be completely honest, I'm guessing many men don't read this or won't) to send me an image or images of their body (or body parts) that they wish they could change. Why images of parts you would like to change, you ask? I'm hoping that when you see it grouped with other anonymous pictures, you may find a new perspective about the body you are so harshly self critical about. Along with the picture I'd like you to send me your thoughts, but what I will ask (not require, but strongly hope) for you to also say something uplifting/happy/good to and/or about yourself as well.

For a layout, I will randomly arrange the pictures, so please send them in a square format (iPhone's already come equipped with this function). I will group all of the pictures together and then add the text below, in no specific order. The pictures and the text will not match with one another.

This is a huge request on my part. At least for me, because I am deathly afraid of showing the world an image of my stomach or love handles. I don't mind wearing a bikini and prancing around, because at least there are other distractions normally. Not with an image, anyone can sit there and critique it, which is exactly what I would do with my own image. So yes, one of these images and words will be mine as well. I wouldn't ask you to do something I wouldn't partake in myself.

It scares me.

For multiple reasons. But because I am choosing a body part that I am not confident in. Also, that although many people told me they would send me images, I'm scared no one will follow through with it. Then this will have been for nothing.

If this is something you want to be a part of please email your image and text to ganeeban@gmail.com. I would like to have all submissions to me by June 13th, which gives you a week to snap a pic and think about what you want to write.

Please challenge yourself. Step outside of your comfort zone. But also, take one small moment to appreciate the skin you live in every minute of every day. Yes, it may not be perfect to you, but don't forget to appreciate what it does for you. We can't all be super models, but we can be people who proudly try to love their bodies through the imperfections.
via Pinterest
This is the most nerve wracking post I've ever written..

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...