Musings: I'm Lookin' At You 33

8:30 AM

I've never been afraid to get old.

Flashback to my 32nd Birthday
I know some people dread their birthday, but I don't. It means I get to celebrate another year of life. Yes, some years are harder than others, but without struggle we wouldn't know the good (insert life quote somewhere there). And hey, I'm openly narcissistic enough to celebrate 'Me' for one day a year. Or a month if that happens to be the case, they don't call it 'Birthday Month' for no reason, or maybe that's just me ;)
Flashback to my 31st Birthday
Flashback to the other part of my 32nd Birthday - Donut Dash 5k
Anyways, I was brainstorming a way to be authentic about this birthday. I wanted to do something I've never done on the blog before or at least that I remember doing. I thought about the 32 things I've learned this year, but I decided that wasn't happy enough for me. So to incorporate some of those things, I've decided to focus on what made me happy during my 32nd year of life! But then I was too verbose and the post was way longer than it needed to be.

I guess it all boils down to I just wanted to be surrounded with family and friends this year. My family is an obvious choice, they are amazing. But the friends I want around are the ones who participate in my life, care for me no matter what, and have/will be there through it all -- the good && the bad!

I always feel like I have to do something grandiose for my birthday, but after planning about 20 of them myself, I just don't feel like it this year. But, I'm honestly excited for my plans of just hanging out with my clique for a nice lunch and then with the fam for dinner. The only annoying part, is the 8 miles in the potential rain, that I have to get through in the AM. I'm not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but this will be my first birthday we have L, so that will be fun too!

All I know is that 32 had its good, great, and not so great moments. Some highlights of being 32 had plenty to do with our traveling with J to so many new places together - Denver, Chicago, the Cruise, and Disneyland. More great moments were spending time with my immediate family, which usually involves copious amounts of eating and laughing. Some of my friendships have strengthened, some have become less strong -- but I know I am surrounded by an awesome group of women and men, who have my back, support me like none other, and care for my happiness. I can't reflect on 32 without thinking of all the Lovebugs I get to spoil, kiss, hug, and play with during the year. My friends and family's kids are the best, I love being an Ate (not to be confused with also not being excited to be a Mom one day too). 
Snap. Crackle. Pop. AND tons of Napa day trips!
The Bean with my Beaner
La Familia
Ate/Auntie/Tia Squad
First trip to Disneyland w/ L and for his bday!
The hard stuff is the hard stuff. It doesn't really need to detailed out, but lets just say 32 was also the year of bad luck with cars. In turn, it was the year I paid of a huge debt that has been weighing over me for years. It is also the year I started taking saving seriously, partly thanks to J and partly thanks to me just growing the heck up! However, it was also the year and age that I really began working on myself. May sound cheesy or weird, but I've challenged myself to become a better version of me, using whatever tools necessary - books, therapy, articles...anything, I'm open to it all.

I'm excited to add another year to my life. The lows are definitely outweighed by the highs and that's all I want to focus on. I couldn't ask for a better group of humans to have by my side through it all, so bring on whatever you have for me 33...I'm ready! 

Doesn't everyone celebrate Birthday Month? 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I hope you have a great birthday! I had so much celebrating with you last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Haley! Thanks a bunch! I'm glad you were there to celebrate with me/us last year! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...