Ganeeban Runs Shamrock'n - Week 8

12:49 PM

When you forget (re: choose) to run...
So I had every intention of being a good runner this week and to finish out this training session strong. But the weather had other plans and decided to be a jerk. And by jerk I mean really, really rainy! Like the damn had to be released for the first time in years, due to all the rain we've had lately.

I've even concluded that I may not race if it rains that hard on race day. I know, I'm being a baby. But I have no intention of getting sick before our trip at the end of the month. I even contemplated running 13.1 miles the weekend after, weather permitting. That's defintely a maybe, but it makes me feel a little better. We shall see what the weather Gods have planned for us this upcoming Sunday!
 
Monday Schedule: Cross Train or 3 Miles Easy
Monday Actual: Indoor Soccer in the PM

Tuesday Schedule: 30-45 Min Run Easy
Tuesday Actual: Midtown in the AM & Indoor Soccer in the PM
Wednesday Schedule: 4 x 1 Mi @ T Pace w/ 1:30 Rec.
Wednesday Actual: 4.65 Mi run, no speed work
Thursday Schedule: Rest
Thursday Actual: Midtown in the AM

Friday Schedule: 4 Miles Easy w/ 5x Strides
Friday Actual: Nada

Saturday Schedule: 5Mi Easy + 3 Mi @ GHMP
Saturday Actual: Nada

Sunday Schedule: Rest or Cross Training
Sunday Actual: Nada

My body was battered from two full outdoor games and two indoor games in three days, by Wednesday. Also, add in Midtown, where dang BB had us do wall walks. Needless to say, I was beyond sore and exhausted. By the time Wednesday came around, I was in no condition to do speed work. I wished J well on his run and just ran the 4 miles by feeling. I didn't look at my watch, I turned it to just show the time and put my long sleeve over it. I would only look at the mile pace when I hit each mile in the run, but I wouldn't let it dictate my pace. I was pretty satisfied by my splits for just running. I won't hit a sub 2 hour halfer, but I'll do just fine!

Just to complain, we did MORE wall walks on Thursday.  Friday brought some ugly weather, well, really this whole week did. I didn't do any of my Friday through Sunday runs because of birthday FUNstivities and the ugly weather. I made the conscious decisions to do so, not using these as excuses. I guess I tapered for two weeks, HAHA! We shall see what Sunday brings, since I haven't done a long run in two weeks and done very minimal running in between. I know Midtown provides a good base, so I know I'll survive actually running the distance. It's afterwards I'm a little worried about.

Now it's on to packet pickup fun and planning out our carb dinner with some friends. I guess it's all just whatever from here on out.

It ALL depends on the weather...that's all I'm sayin'!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...