Ganeeban Runs Shamrock'n - Week 3

2:04 PM

Steppin' my game up, a bit...
Not perfect, but putting in a little more effort and dedication this week. It's really nice that J is also starting to get into training, so we have each other to motivate one another. But he's also killin' it at me, so maybe it might be slightly discouraging for me at times. But I love seeing him kill his runs! Sometimes, that's all it takes!

Monday Schedule: Cross Train or 3 Miles Easy
Monday Actual: 3.4 Mi Easy, 1 Indoor Soccer Game in PM

Tuesday ScheduleFleet Feet Fun Run or 30-45 Mins Easy
Tuesday Actual: Midtown in the AM
Dog toy our pain reliever, you pick!
Wednesday Schedule: 2 x 1 Mi 2 @ GHMP w/ 1:30 Rec
Wednesday Actual: 1.5 Mi Warm-up, 2 x 1 Mi @ GHMP w/ 1:30 Rec, 1.5 Mi Cool Down - 5.24 Mi Total

Headlamp awesomeness!
Thursday Schedule: Rest
Thursday Actual: Midtown in the AM

Rope burpees...death!
Friday Schedule: 5 Mi Easy
Friday Actual: Nada

Saturday Schedule: 7 Mi Easy
Saturday Actual: Nada

Sunday Schedule: Rest or Cross Training
Sunday Actual: Nada

I didn't skip a Midtown workout, which was a win this week. Got some miles in too, but it ended kinda crappy...

Well, this week(end) didn't go as expected. I left for Dallas, TX on Thursday. I was all prepared to run my miles, even had the locations planned out with my friend who lives in TX. But apparently I self-sabotaged myself and completely forgot my sports bras, I brought everything else -- even chews and my hand held water bottle. Where we were staying there wasn't anything that was convenient enough to go buy one, unless I wanted to spend my whole paycheck on one at Neiman Marcus. This baller-on-a-budget was not that desperate for miles. So not one mile was ran in TX. Plenty were walked, but that was about it. I'm a little worried how the lack of long miles will affect my current training?! The worst part, the weather was perfect in TX!

I'm trying not to beat myself up, tunnel training vision is not healthy for me either. I have to remember that life will get in the way at times and I need to adjust for that. I will try to sneak in a few extra miles here and there this week, but I won't let this get me down. I'll keep at it and at least focus on a sub-2 goal. Just gotta stay positive and keep movin' for Week 4!!

I thought I was going to run in two states, but nope...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...