Be Merry...

10:17 AM

...or not!

Normally, the time right before Thanksgiving to New Years is my favorite time of the year (minus summer months). But for some reason this year, I'm just not in the spirit. Wrapping presents and shopping felt like a chore, which is normally my FAVORITE thing to do, especially the wrapping. Decorating was fun, but since we've had our tree since the weekend after Thanksgiving, it is already super dried out.

Besides being dry, our tree definitely has character this year. I went a little larger than last year and I think I should have added another string of lights. But it definitely has a goofy lean to it, but I think it gives our tree personality! I'm glad to say it isn't bare underneath, but I cut it close this year. Our bedroom was overflowing with shopping bags for weeks, but I finally got it all done.

One thing that should bring more cheer, but didn't, was that this is the first time ever (dare I say), that I was done wrapping and everything before Christmas Eve! That's a win for sure. Normally I'm up late Christmas Eve wrapping...and drinking wine of course. Nope, not this year. I think I like it, but I also keep thinking I forgot something. Oh well, no looking back now.

I think I need to do something good for someone or a family. I am hoping that a good deed will bring me some Holiday cheer. Even if it doesn't, then at least I helped someone out. I haven't decided what my good deed will be, but I'm hoping it will just happen naturally. I should do this more often, not just when I have a Scrooge cloud hanging over my head. 

I also attribute it to our cable-less times, no Hallmark Christmas movies for me to obsess over and bring me cheer :/ HAHA, but seriously, I love those cheesy movies. ALL of them! I'm sure being sick isn't helping anything either. Sorry, I really sound like a whiny baby right now. I just hate that I'm not into it at the moment...and the moment being Christmas Eve.

Hopefully I'll snap out of it this evening for the first of many celebrations I am grateful for. It's going to be a busy two days, but being surrounded with family is all that matters to me. Presents are fun, but the presence of my family is what I cherish. It also makes me a little sad, knowing all four of my Grandparents are watching down and enjoying the craziness, not enjoying it with us.

I haven't been around this space too much (sorry, this post is getting super random), but I just haven't had much to write about. Nothing passionate to write about I should say, well, besides our adventures with Linda (damn her!).

So here's a snapshot of whats been happening in my life lately (in case you don't follow me on social media):
Ramen // Awesome Gift from Co-Worker // Cookie Party // Lovebug's 3rd Birthday // Annual Broham Dinner // Holiday Work Party After Party // New Workout Tee // Lovebug Babysitting Night // Nordy Girl, Obviously // Brunch with Haley // New Scarf Selfie // Old Sugar Mill w/ My Faves // Pizookie After Flat Tire // Polar Express with my Loves

Happy Holla Days! Cheers to hoping you are in the spirit and surrounded by loved ones, family or not. Hoping my little space of the Intranets have been entertaining, delightful, or at least laughable during the year. Thanks for taking the time to stop by, once, weekly, or whenever you feel so inclined, I appreciate it!

Just a girl lookin' for that holiday spirit!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Merry Christmas! Hope you found that holiday cheer. I know what you mean about doing something nice for another family - my mom and I delivered presents to kids whose fathers are in prison and it really lifted my spirits. Hopefully you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thats amazing. I wonder if there is a program like that here. There are so many good programs that go unheard of. Hope you had a lovely Merry Christmas with your new lovebug! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...