Not All Date Nights Are Created Equally

11:37 AM

Some are just better than others.
That isn't to say that the ones where you walk to dinner, hand-in-hand, and enjoy a meal together aren't as fun or amazing either. Obviously, the spectrum of date nights can vary widely, just depends on the couple. However, I do wholeheartedly advocate for 'date nights' for anyone in a relationship - married or dating.

I noticed (probably really obviously) that when you cohabitate, date nights don't come as easy or as often, as when you live independently. The lines of date night and grabbing dinner get blurred. Whatever your specifics are for date night, then I say make sure you schedule them. Even if you need to put them in the calendar.

Friday night, J and I were able to enjoy a 'date night' with one another, a few soccer friends, and probably 150 of our other closest friends (insert sarcasm). Our good friend Jen, works at the California Sate Railroad Museum (CSRMF) and gets to plan and execute the coolest events, with the best setting. It was the first ever, if you don't count the smaller version in August, Ales on the Rails fundraiser for the museum.
Although you know that I (and J) don't particularly care for beer, we couldn't pass up the event. It was the first of it's kind and I love the Railroad museum. I love walking in and feeling as if I'm being transcended into a different time period. Imagining what it would be like to live back then, no iPhones, no Internet, and snail mail was actually that -- it's all so fascinating and to see it memorialized in one huge historic building. Makes for a great venue!
Sacramento has so many food and beverage events now, it's hard to surpass one another. However, there are some main characteristics that should be nailed, and Ales on the Rails did. Have your food and booze be never-ending. Don't have long lines to get said items. Cool - as in weather and viewing pleasure - atmosphere. Needless to say, they killed it at all three things! Offering a VIP will always get you places. Luckily, we were able to get the whole VIP experience, too!
J and I had a great evening together, trying new beer and trying not to make bitter beer face. We became good friends with the Schilling Cider booth, as we would go there about every fourth beer tasting to 'cleanse' our palette. I don't feel like our tickets were wasted, more so, I feel like it helped us expand our appetence for beer. I may not go buy any, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to try unlimited quantities of a huge variety of local craft beer. I'd be an idiot not too, duh!
This event has so much potential to grow. For a first year event, it exceeded any expectation I had. Now that about 200 people have a taste for what Ales on the Rails offers, they are sure to spread the word. There is no doubt that this event will become similar to the beer festivals that we have during the summer. Kudos Jen and CSRMF, an a event well executed!

Just our style of a one-of-a-kind date night!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This sounds like such a great date night! I always love doing something out of the ordinary for date night once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Yes, mixing it up is always good and makes for fun memories! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...