Musings: Consistently, Inconsistent

3:57 PM

That title pretty much sums up my blogging routine lately...
Via
...and I'm actually okay with it. I was pumping out five posts a week. They were very automated, by that I mean I did the same thing week in, week out. As a reader, thanks for sticking around - whatever your intentions may be. I'd love to think people come here to see what I'm up too and genuinely be happy for me, or just for a decent read. The realist in me knows that's not why all people come to my little part of the blogisphere. Those that come here with ill intentions are welcomed to keep their own negative ways to themselves -- the out of sight, out of mind mentality reminds me to not pay them any mind.

I enjoy link-ups, which is why I did them. But I felt like I was getting stale. I absolutely LOVE sharing my life with you. However, at times this comes at a cost to my personal relationships and life. I have others to think about when I post something, so my 'share everything' motto isn't what's right at the moment. Maybe it will change, maybe it won't. 

It sucks. If you blog, then you know there is a grey line that we skate all the time (okay, minus fashion bloggers). If you don't blog, then you just have an opinion on what a blogger should and shouldn't do. I've never been one to shy away for sharing my life, my intentions, or my thoughts on here or in person. More recently, I had a slight change in heart regarding this. For reasons that I'll keep private, let's just say that it is better for me in general. However, just because I don't put every feeling, emotion, and idea on here I still will (and will always) stay true to what I created this space for.
Via

Given this change, my blogging became inconsistent. Or I was just trying to figure it all out. I'm not too sure. Then I went on my work-cation trip, which meant no posts would go up. I rarely blog while traveling or vacationing. So, now I'm here...

Trying to figure out what to do with this space. I'm a person who plans. Who likes uniformity. I think that's why I'm having a hard time grasping this inconsistency in blogging. I know no one has any expectations of me or my blog. But, do I? I want to be as authentic and transparent as possible. I realize that not everyone appreciates transparency, it may be overwhelming to some or narcissistic to others. It's a trait that I appreciate and in doing so, will be that way with you. I'm not sure blogging five days a week makes me feel authentic or even transparent. I don't want my voice to get lost in the same type of posts every week. 

All I know is that I treasure this space. I have to write. It's an outlet. It gives my life variety of all sorts, yet gives my thoughts some cohesion. I've never written so often (in my entire life), but have come to realize that I love to write. Write a blog post, a handwritten card, a Yelp review, anything really. I enjoy giving my thoughts a voice. So, I know this hobby won't go anywhere, but it will evolve as I do (and should), because I have too.
Via
So here's a snap shot of what I've been up to lately...
 
1. Lunch date with the Wench and her Lovebug // 2. Wholefoods come-ups // 3. Surprise delivery from J and L, while at work // 4. Celebrating National Ice Cream Day // 5. All you can eat at Round Table with J, L, and J's Momma // 6. Fried everything at the CA State Fair // 7. Women's World Cup matching with Teo // 8. Lobster Fries (too much mayo) at the State Fair // 9. Friend Date Night // 10. Sac Republic vs Newcastle, first game of the season // 11. Magic Mike XXL with the girls and some goodies // 12. J's Fried cookie dough // 13. A little deco at Midtown // 14. Apparently I repeated a pic, see 6 // 15. Wine, futbol, and the State Fair // 16. Winning the co-ed league we play in

Striving for a balance of living, eating, and blogging!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I can totally understand where you are coming from. I always have a difficult time deciding which parts of my life are appropriate to share and which are not. It's a constant balance and as a writer who strives for transparency and authenticity it is a constant struggle.
    I would like to encourage you just to write whatever compels you but I know there is a layer of difficulty when you factor in other people and careers and friendships. I hope that whatever you decide on writing is what you need to fulfill that creative drive within you. Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lady! It's comforting to know that others are working through the same struggles/issues (sounds bad, but it's not) that I am as a blogger/writer. I enjoy your posts, so keep doing what you do! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...