Food Waste, I Think Not!

11:33 AM

Never. Ever. 

Would I have thought I'd be surrounded by food for my day job!

But I am, and I love it. I get to geek out on food manufacturing, industry, and trend news. I read the most random updates from companies and manufacturers. I learn about new flavor trends before they hit the market. It's fun, but at times overwhelming. I'm into Marketing, not quite all the science stuff, but it's good to know at times.


This is in no way sponsored or have I been asked to share this info-graphic. I saw it tweeted by the IFT and I thought it was interesting enough to share if anyone was interested. I've been following their Twitter handle since I attended (worked) my first show. They heavily tweet during the tradeshow, but not an overwhelming amount during the remainder of the year. Their content tends to be informative and interesting - if food is your thing.
I feel like I should explain what IFT is, it stands for Institute of Food Technologists. Let me just give it to you straight from their website: 

Our Vision 
A world where science and innovation are universally accepted as essential to a safe, nutritious, and sustainable food supply for everyone. 

Our Mission 
To advance the science of food and its application across the global food system.

In my own, laymen terms, essentially it is the hub of where all food (scientist) people meet to collaborate, innovate, and also safeguard the food industry.  

I'm a huge stickler for whatever date I find on a package, so I found this very informative. I generally throw anything away any day after the date that is listed. Even if it doesn't smell (or sometimes taste) bad. I get all weirded out, but this little nugget of info will help me make a better decision regarding adding to our food waste. Or at least be a smarter consumer.

Hope I did just food nerd out on you too hard!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This was so interesting, especially about the dates on packaging! My husband is a huge stickler for the date and I never even look at it! Maybe this will change his mind a little! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad it helped someone else out too! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  2. It drives me crazy when people throw things out as soon as that date passes, as I heard in a presentation once...it's a best before date not an apocalypse now date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. I may quote that one day, don't worry, I'll give you a S/O! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...