WIAW - Eating > Running

10:06 AM

First things first!
Since I know the entire blogging and social media world are ablaze with it being National Running Day, I better get that out of the way. So here is my celebratory obligatory reason for this day! Pardon the snark, running just hasn't been my thing lately, so I'm not too excited. I've made J promise we will log miles tonight, since we didn't this AM (got home too late from the SF Giants game to get up extra early)!

Not much has changed since last year's celebration! So there you have. I run for a plethora of reasons, but mostly to balance out what I eat. The good runs are amazing, but in turn, the bad ones are horrible. Just as life ebbs and flows, so does running. You take the good with the bad. I appreciate that my body allows me to run and I hope it continues to do so for many, many, many years. I shouldn't take it for granted, because there are plenty of people who would trade places with me in a heartbeat.

So, Happy National Running Day!

Now on to the regularly scheduled program post!

Since I always do Rose & Thorn (re: weekend recap), I never post any weekend eats for WIAW. So this week, I purposefully didn't post my Saturday eats to show you them today! Meghan over at Clean Eats, Fast Feets is hosting today! Her post today is pretty awesome, His v. Hers eats, go check it out! Don't forget to stop by Peas & Crayons to see where it all started, by the lovely Jenn!

Breakfast
We didn't have much in the fridge, so I made L and I a quick breakfast before our busy day. We shared a breakfast sandwich - two egg whites, cheese, and wheat toast, while also splitting an apple. Obviously I had coffee too!
Some days you just need your Princess mug!
Snack
Not pictured - because we were rushing around all day. Since we were already late to J's second game we grabbed him some ice cold water and our selves each a drink and a bag of chips. I win the 'healthy award'! NOT!


Lunch
After J's game, I ran to Togo's to grab us lunch. It was super late, but I'm not sure what you call the meal between lunch and dinner - Linner? I chose the Daily Deal which was a turkey and cheese sando, on wheat with mustard, lettuce, and tomatoes. I also grabbed a bag of chips and my FAVE drink ever, WCP!
Awkward thumb usage!
Dinner
Apparently post tourney day one, everyone is required to make an appearance at the Pub. We couldn't say no to that. It was family friendly, so we all went! Since the Pub, Streets of London, is the sponsor of the team they feed the fellas post tourney. There was enough for us to snack on whatever they brought out the fellas. But to be fair, J and I ordered our own dinner. We shared -- The Itis! Holy heart attack, this burger had carnitas, two hamburger patties, bacon, mac-n-cheese, and regular cheese! Guess who ordered it? Nope, not me, it was J! It wasn't really that good, it was just too much for me to handle (I didn't think I'd ever say that about a burger)! I picked off the carnitas and ate that first, then set in on the rest of the burger.

Paid for wine, not paid for bites!
The Itis!
Cross-cut pic, for clarity!
My weekend eats don't really differ from my weekday eats. I'm indulgent ALL the time, pretty much every day that ends in a 'Y'! I think this day was a little different, because of how busy and on-the-go we were, but we made it work. We didn't eat the too unhealthy this day, which pretty much sums up how we eat regularly. 

I better go log some miles so I'm not shamed from the running community ;)

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. The burger looks unreal! Can you even put your mouth around it?! #twss Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was as good as it looked :( I probably could have tired, but I ate it in pieces...to be lady like of course ;) HAAH! Love #TWSS !! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  2. Mmm, that burger! Looks crazy delicious, but there's no way I would have been able to handle it. TWSS.

    Jen@Jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me neither, which is why we split it. I was stuffed after that. TWSS make me laugh so much! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  3. Wow that's the ultimate burger! I think it's great that indulge a lil everyday. It's important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! Yes, I totally agree. Depriving myself is too hard! Hope you indulged today! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...