Thinking Out Loud - My Tomboy Side is Showing

9:41 AM

When my tomboy side shows...

Thinking-Out-Loud
Amanda at .RUNNING WITH SPOONS.
A week of sporty musings, yup! Pushing aside my girly tenancies and keeping it sporty up in here! It wasn't intentional, until I started working on this post, it just came to be that way. I won't fight it, I will embrace the sports-loving girl that I am and go with it. So, I don't blame you if you don't read on any further. Without further ado...

Home Sweet Yard // Every single time I get a chance to get to the Yard, you better believe that I will go. Needless to say, when Poppa Bear asked if I wanted to go to a game with him, I jumped at the chance. He swooped up tickets, which also supported Autism Awareness, for the evening. With our ticket came a Will the Thrill (Clark) hat AND a great time! The Guidette rolled with me, which we met Lil and Poppa Bear at the stadium. We stopped for gas and traditional road trip snacks, then made our way to the City! It was the Guidette's first time sitting in the Virgin America Club Level, which was fun to experience with her! The Giants lost, but the food made up for it for a little bit ;) The game was really long and even had a huge 'review play' requested by the Pirates. Unfortunately, we left with a loss, but I enjoyed my evening surrounded by my faves!
My View

All the EATS!
ESPY's // On Tuesday I saw a tweet that Caitlyn Jenner was going to receive the Aurthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPYs. I was happy for her. Well, that was until Wednesday, when I realized who the other contender was Army veteran Noah Galloway. I in no way think that what Caitlyn went through is not a feat of courage, but from what I'm gathering from what Mr. Galloway has accomplished, I'm a little disheartened by ESPN's choice. Please remember this is just my opinion. There are thousands (not sure the exact number) of people that go through this procedure to become the person they are, and I am extremely supportive and happy of this change. It does take courage to do something so life changing. However, from what little I've read, Mr. Galloway has gone through something extraordinary as well. These two situations are not comparable, by any means. So this is hard to write. However, I think that Caitlyn's notoriety should not supersede Mr. Galloway's. To be fair, I haven't researched this to the full extent, so I may have some facts incorrect, but both persons have done some pretty amazing athletic feats, as well as personal transitions during their lifetime. It's hard to sit here and say one person deserves an award over another, but I do think that Mr. Galloway got swept under a rug with an onslaught of media publicity and hoopla. Kudos to you Mr. Galloway, even if you don't receive the prestigious award!

WWC // Just 2 short days away until it starts! All the social media has me hyped for the big event! Seeing the USWNT board their plane to Canada, their selfies, and their antics has me super, crazy excited to see all the top women soccer players in the world compete with and against each other. I know the WWC does not compare to the WC, men and women just play sports differently. I'm not going to sit here and pretend the discrepancy doesn't exist. Instead, I will celebrate women and their right to play the same sports as men. I will celebrate our national team fighting to win it all. I will celebrate watching a sport that I love. I will celebrate women who get to play this sport at a professional level (just like the fellas)! It may not be as smooth or exciting as the men's team, but I'll be damned if you aren't just as entertained by these women as the fellas!
Via

How dope is this poster? // Via && Buy HERE

Adios Sepp // If you read my post last week, then you know what heat FIFA is under. Well this week, the President of FIFA, Sepp Blatter, stepped down. Again, I haven't read up on all the specifics, but here is a good article from the New York Times, Sepp Blatter Decides to Resign as FIFA President in About-Face, to familiarize yourself with the new turn of events. Apparently this won't happen immediately, due to the nature of how the governing body is set up, but could be a four month process. Needless to say, it will be nice for the governing body of the world's most popular sport to clean its act up! So much dramatics, right before the WWC!

NBA Finals // If basketball is your thing, then cheers to the NBA Finals starting tonight. Go Dubs, even though I don't truly care! I'm over Lebron too...have been. No specific reason, but don't really care too much. 

National Running Day // Maybe you hide from social media, but if you didn't, then I'm sure you were bombarded with #NationalRunningDay pics from across the nation yesterday! Well, I felt obliged to log some miles to celebrate this day. Since so many people associate me with running, I felt it was my duty to do so. So, J and I did! This was a feat, since I haven't ran for fun in a looooong time! I had to remind myself, I'm obviously not going to be where I was when I was in peak condition. I'm starting ALL over again and going to HAVE TO accept 10+min miles for now. I will embrace them and know that I can do better, but will have to work for it. For a few weeks I've told myself I'd start running again, but I think National Running Day did it for me. Tomorrow I will log another 3 miles and even start logging my runs/workouts to be accountable. How did I get here? I want back!

The sports world has kept me thoroughly entertained this week, thanks y'all!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. looks like you and your dad had an amazing time at the game! and I agree with you, both people did have amazing self accomplishments but I personally agree that Mr. Galloway deserves the award instead. yay national running day!! gahh I missed it but congrats on running :) 10 minute miles will turn into 7 minute ones before you know it! and 10 mins is still pretty good!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure did! I'm glad I'm not the only one with those thoughts and that you weren't offended by my words! I'm sure you'll make up for the run sooner rather than later! And thanks for the words of encouragement. I don't know if they'll turn into 7 min/miles, but closer to 8 :) xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...