WIAW - Veggie Week Ugliness

11:35 AM

It's that time of the month again!

No, not that time of the month. It's Veggie Week! So here are my eats from yesterday, pardon the plainness that went on - just keepin' it real over here!

But before I get into yesterday, venture over to Arman at The Big Man's World, who is graciously hosting today's linkup. Also, make sure you take a peek at where it all started with Jenn! I'd highly recommend stopping by either spots and taking a look at their drool worthy food, because mine will leave you 'happy that you didn't eat my eats yesterday' ;)

Breakfast
I'm trying to be resourceful (re: baller-on-a-budget) so I'm trying to eat things that are already in our home and mix in minimal grocery shopping items. I remembered we had some Quaker Oats oatmeal, so I threw that and some flax seeds into a Tupperware on Monday night. I grabbed my Skippy PB jar and put it right next to the Tupperware. Easy and quick, I made a piece of toast and coffee, then when I got to work I added hot water to the mix. After the instant oatmeal was done, I added a huge scoop of PB! It wasn't my favorite thing to eat, but it worked...

Snack
Whoever tells you oatmeal leaves you full is lying. Every single time I eat it, I'm hungry no less than an hour later. Luckily I staved of hunger for a little while longer. When I couldn't take it any more, I had a handful of almonds and a newly acquired Kirkland Organic Apple Sauce pouch.

Lunch
After my lunch time snooze, I made myself a Morning Star Chick'n Sandwich, which used wheat bread, organic spinach, ketchup, mustard, and one slice of yogurt cheese. I also ate a left over bag of chips I had at my desk and drank more water. Water, water, water!
Dinner
J's madre and aunt came over to hang out with us (L included). She brought some VW approved items, but J still wanted to make our dinner plans - breakfast for dinner. So we ate some veggie (tray), corn bread, rolls, and two different salads from Save Mart. I actually tried the Broccoli salad, but realized it had bacon in it, oops. J's mom was sabotaging me, haha! My final dinner plate ended up with a half of a roll (split with J), two egg whites, and one pancake. Not pictured, because I was still hungry after this: 1 hard boiled egg, just the whites and a two handfuls of Cheez-its!

Random - Fed Up
I think I already mentioned this last week, but J and I started watching this documentary on Netflix and it really got me thinking about how much sugar I consume. We haven't finished it, but I really want too. The one thing I remember is that your daily intake of sugar should be between 6 and 9 grams. Whaaat? That's nothing! The Kirkland Organic Apple Sauce I had was 8g itself, that means I couldn't have anything else with sugar for the rest of the day! Another point that was interesting was that all sugar consumption is the same - whether it's Splenda or Raw Cane Sugar. Everything should be consumed in moderation. I learned some interesting facts, even if it might be propaganda, I can't wait to finish it!
Via
You can't pretty ugly food...you just cant ;)

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Delicious day of eats- I am about to watch Fed Up this weekend, it's on the TIVO all set up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dude! Can't wait to see how you like it! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  2. I will have to check out FedUp! It's probably the only food doc on Netflix I haven't seen. Sugar is a crazy thing to our bodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to ignore the things about sugar, but after seeing most of the documentary I decided I better heed the warning ;) Happy watching! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  3. I eat WAY WAY too much sugar and I don't even feel like I am some crazy person. I've been trying to eat less of it, it's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it made me crazy either...but it made me be more cognizant of how much I am consuming and how childhood obesity is really an important issue! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on the oatmeal. I'm NEVER full after eating it! I'm not sure if I'm just not eating enough oatmeal or not adding enough toppings but I'm always hungry right after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! All these 'overnight oats' I don't think soo! HAHA! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  5. I definitely have a sugar addiction and it's something I need to address sometime soon. Do you recommend Fed Up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, I thought it was interesting. I'm sure some feel it is more propaganda than anything, but I took some good takeaways from it! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  6. I want to watch that movie too. I think I could have never ate just that one pancake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it's something to watch. We just happened to be looking for something on Netflix and I felt like a food documentary would help me jump start healthier eating! For some reason I'm a salty breakfast kind of girl, so one pancake is good for me! Give me bacon and eggs and all the toast though! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  7. I think your eats look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know I shouldn't, but I see all the fancy food styling and I'm over here at my desk taking a one second pic with my iPhone! Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do :) xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...