Where in the Interwebs is WIAW

10:43 AM

Feliz Seis de Mayo!
So, normally I don't have to go very far to find the party, but today it has eluded me. So, I'll just let you take a peek at where it all started, with Jenn! There is no link up (that I can find), but I thought I'd share with you how I celebrated Cinco de Mayo (no longer called Drinko, because that's now how I get down).

J was giving me a hard time, after we dropped L off, about being the most non-Asian Asian and it got me thinking. I celebrate being faux Irish and faux Mexican one day every year and I'm totally into it! That being said, plenty of my college stories involve alcohol and maybe some not so savory stories. But I love to remember them, life was carefree and I was having the time of my life during those years. Yes, I probably made some poor decisions, but I'm alive to tell the tale and I think I'm on a pretty good track these days.

Our conversation immediately led me to a memory I've hidden away forgotten about. Years ago, in SLO, May 5th was/is a big deal, as it is in probably any college town. Needless to say, without all the drunken details, just know that the evening started with the tragically stereotypical fishbowl size margarita. However, we were silly enough to accept (and pay for) one that did not contain ice, because the Mexican restaurant ran out faster than they could sell these delicacies! So, no ice means more booze. I'll let you guess what happens after that. This memory immediately made me think of my good friend Janis (who was the other party involved) and I immediately text her, to which she sent me a pic of her celebratory drink and we both just had a mini celebration via text! It's the small things, it really is...

Thanks for taking that trip down memory lane with me...

Breakfast
I actually enjoyed breakfast at home, because I had an early meeting at work. This means I couldn't leisurely enjoy my breakfast while I work, like normal. I ate leftover fried rice that J made the night before - white rice, TJ's low sodium soy sauce, egg whites, and TJ's bacon bits and pieces. I also had some Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee and Rice Milk in my new The Love Bomb Company mason jar, I'm swooning hard!

Lunch
The office had planned a little Nacho bar to celebrate Cinco De Mayo. I may or may not have filled this little blue bowl up three times. I will not admit that, but it could have happened...
Dinner
Taco Tuesday cliche-ingly fell on Cinco de Mayo this year, so we had to celebrate. That, and we always tell L about Taco Tuesday, but never participate with her. So, J and L made dinner for me and cleaned, lucky me! J and I had plans after we dropped her off, so I didn't eat my weight in tacos, just one and a half with a few veggie sticks.

Dessert
We took L to get Baskin Robbins as a treat, but I did not get anything. This needed to be added, because I want kudos's for this! I passed up one of my favorite things in the entire world...life's rough...

Snack
I had a little case of FOMO, so we went to Ernesto's. We had a plan - if it was too busy to sit down, we'd get a drink and a to-go order of chips & guac, if it wasn't we'd sit and enjoy it. But, as you'd guess, it was busy so I waited in line to order our items to go and J was in line for drinks. His, margarita on the rocks. Hers, vodka sprite. I divorced Tequila back in college, so I'm pretty much a vodka only girl, with the occasional dabble in bourbon and/or whiskey. Once we got our guac & chips (the ratio was horribly off), guzzled our drinks, and discussed mariachi's we left to go grab a Red Box...
Cinco de May in your 30's is nothing like your 20's...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...