Thinking Out Loud - The Cost of Being a Girl(y Tomboy)

9:44 AM

I'm nosy...

Thinking-Out-Loud
Amanda at .RUNNING WITH SPOONS.
...among other things. I love to know what products - make up, skin care, sunblock, anything really - other people/gals use and potentially the cost of said items. It depends on how exactly nosy I'm being that day. So, I thought I'd just share what I spend my money on to maintain my 'girly' side. I don't think it will be, but sorry in advance if there is any TMI in here.

Girly Tomboy // I feel like this truly describes me. Certain people in my life see different sides of me, but in general, I think it's an overall, correct assessment. Some see my more girly sides and pretty much everyone sees my tomboy side! I take pride in taking care of my girly aesthetics, but love lounging in sweats lulus and a tee. I don't always look top notch, especially at work or while working out, but most other times I attempt to look the girly part.

Skin Care Regimen // I've been religious to Dermalogica products for a long time, like a really long time. So far back, that I cannot even remember when I started using it. Previously, I tried a variety of stuff sold at the Nordies makeup counters, but finally settled on Dermalogica. I don't have true acne, but I get my fair share of pimples and possibly have slight rosacea (thanks Mom). Recently I started seeing a new esthetician and she recommended a new line that I am really thinking of trying. I need to make my next appointment and run out of my current supply, but I will be making the change soon. Sorry, Dermalogica. I've also been using sunscreen for years, I am trying to keep my Asian skin young and healthy...better safe than sorry!

1 // Special Cleansing Gel, 16.9oz  $53
2 // Multi Active Toner, 8.4oz  $36
3 // Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 40, N/A  $23
(Is this name serious?)
4 // Active Moist, 3.4oz  $60

Make-up - The Basics // I've scaled it back a lot, but here are the basics that I wear M-F. To be honest, most day's I don't even put on blush any more. Working at Nordies for over 4 years gave me ample time, yet not money, to invest in a variety of brands. I've been loyal to Chanel since forever. Their stuff, although boughie and pricey, works great for my skin. Having fairly sensitive, makes it worth spending the money on a great product. Sometimes I add a little eyeshadow powder to fill in my eyebrows, but I always use a brush to shape them, because (as I've complained before) they grow all kinds of crazy and need to be brushed hourly daily. I think mascara solves all problems, so I wear that no matter what...even during races ;)

1 // Vitalumiere Moisture-Rich Radiance Sunscreen Fluid Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15, 40 Beige, N/A  $58
2 // Pinceau Pourdre Powder Brush #1,  $65
3 // Double Perfection Lumiere Long-Wear Flawless Powder Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15, 40 Beige, N/A  $55
4 // Pinceau Pourde Blush Brush #4,  $54
5 // Joues Contraste Powder Blush, 99 Rose Petale, N/A  $45
 6 // MAC Cosmetics 208 Angled Brow Brush, $20
7 // Lancome Hypnose Drama - Mascara, $27.50
Make-up The Fun Stuff // Please do not bring up the fact that I bought cheap, drug store blue eye shadow during my high school years and wore it like I was super cool. This was all while sneaking it to put in on, after my Mom left for work. Again, with tons of years at Nordies, I'd find myself buying a new MAC eyeshadow on the reg. I literally have over 50 eyeshadow pods (or whatever they are called). I have my go-to's and THEN I have a whole slew that I never use. What was I thinking? Because I'm OCD, they are all color coordinated (so is everything else I own) in my bathroom. I additionally wear Chanel Bronzer from time to time, but they don't have it listed on their website any longer :/ I love to add fake eyelashes when I have an important event to attend, I used to buy MAC ones, but then I got smart and buy the Adelle ones now! I've been dabbling in lipstick, which are always MAC too. You can read my post regarding my self consciousness about lips.
Via // Mac Eye Shadow, All That Glitters, $16
Appointments // J mocks my reoccurring appointments, but my girly maintenance is on clockwork rotation. Eyebrows. Bikini. Hair. My eyebrow maintenance may seem excessive, but they literally grow straight down, damn Asian eyebrows. They need more of a trim, than a waxing. The frequency of my trips 'to Brazil' depend on what time of year it is.These monthly appointments really add up, but are necessary for my girly upkeep.
Pedicures // These are in vain, but also because I have a sever hatred for feet. Even my own. Yes, I live in flip flops, but I just don't look at my feet...if I don't have too. I don't do these on a regular rotation, although I do try. I'd say I go about once a month or once every three weeks if I'm lucky. Soccer and running feet need all the help they can get! Lately, it is really rare that I get a manicure or set of gel nail polish. During the summer I'm more inclined too, but otherwise my fingers tend to go bare and natural...cause I'm lazy (even though I have over 20 OPI nail polishes at home)!

It's a rough (and poor) life being a girl(y tomboy)!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. LOVE this post! And I have a feeling we'd get along pretty well since I have a pretty serious tomboy side as well as a pretty serious girly side. I"m a complete beauty junkie, and spending money on makeup is something that I never really regret. I probably have way more than I need at this point, but I love trying new things and having a variety of different products/colours/textures to choose from. Oh... and I can totally relate to the blue eyeshadow thing, but it was junior high for me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always enjoy reading others, so I thought I'd share mine :) Yes, I think we'd totally get along AND because we both enjoy FOOD!! Dang that blue eyeshadow for being so alluring and cheap! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  2. Do you like the sunscreen you use? I'm dying for one that I can use daily without making me break out. I love that you embrace your girly and tomboy sides (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady! Yes, yes yes! It isn't oily or heavy at all. I've been using it for so long, I don't recall if it ever made me break out in the beginning. I'd recommend it, it's not too pricey either. If it doesn't work for your face, you can use it for your body (does that logic even work). xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dermalogica... I use all their products. And looking/feeling (more so feeling) your best is so expensive... but totally worth it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, so switching it up will be kinda weird! Yes, so worth it and especially if it helps your skin (or at least doesn't make you break out)! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...