Baller-On-A-Budget - Mother's Day Edition

7:43 AM

I'm about to hit you hard with an overly Pinteresty post...
...I just thought I'd share a quick, baller-on-a-budget Mother's Day Gift I made/making for the lovely Momma's that are in my life. I'm probably ruining my surprise for some, since the big day is tomorrow, but oh well! I'm not reinventing the wheel here, just something I thew together - which I'm sure plenty of other humans have done so as well. They aren't anything fancy, but they are just a quick and simple idea for anyone who may be looking for one.
I don't have a cool, fancy Pinterest name for it... But I have lots of women in my life who are Mother's. As a little token of my appreciation I wanted to give them a little indulgent treat, but presented in a cute way.
 
Shopping List:
1. Hobby Lobby (because Michael's was too out of the way)
2. Ginger Elizabeth

Supplies:
1. Small, glass, lockable jars
2. Tags (make at home to save money or buy like I did)
3. Embellishments (not necessary, but I chose to add some to the tags)
4. String/Ribbon (use some you already have or buy like I did)
5. Hole Punch (to use attach the tags to the jar, already owned)
6. Macarons (I think any sweet indulgent would work, your choice)

Cost:
1. Small, glass, lockable jars - $2.49, on sale for $1.24
2. Tags (make at home to save money or buy like I did) - $3.99. on sale for $1.99
3. Embellishments (not necessary, but I chose to add some to the tags) - $1.99
4. String (use some you already have or buy like I did) - $5.99, used coupon $3.59
5. Hole Punch (to use attach the tags to the jar) - had at home, $0
6. Macarons (I wanted a local fave) - Ginger Elizabeth, 2 per gift, $1.75 ea
Average Cost of One Present = Approx. $5

Just in case, here's how I went about making them. I bought tags that already had a cute die-cut, so that made it super efficient. I punched a hole in one corner, hand wrote my note on the front and our names on the back, then added the embellishment to the bottom right hand corner of the front. Then I placed two random macaroon in the jar, but did not seal the lid. I just gauged the length of the string and cut it wherever, each time I was able to loop it around the jar about four total times, then I closed the jar. Then with on end, I threaded the tag via the hole punch. I proceeded to tie a bow so that the note would stay in place. I cut off any extra string to make it appear even (OCD, just a tad). Then I was done :)

My thought was that instead of some overly smelly lotion from Bath & Body Words, they could get a little mix of an indulgent treat, a cute little jar to re-use for something (or add to the trash), and a cute little hand written note. I try to come up with small little gifts like these, since I have a lot of friends and family that are Mother's. I want to give them all something small, but something meaningful, but not kill my bank account.
I definitely think this little crafty present can be used for a multitude of occasions, but this time it just worked out perfect for Mother's Day! I say this qualifies as about 40% DIY?! That percentage was definitely just made up, but I'm sticking with it!

For all the Momma's, in whatever capacity you are one, Happy Mother's Day! You have one of the hardest, non-paid jobs in the world. No matter how hard your day is, you make ours better in every way possible. So thank you, not just today, but EVERY DAY for EVERYthing you do for us!

I'd do anything for my Momma...even an annoyingly Pinterest-y blog post!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...