WIAW - Let Birthday Month Commence!

10:47 AM

Le Birthday Month is starting early!
Thanks, Jenn!
Thanks to the Bestest! 3-2, I'm ready for you. 31 was pretty awesome, as have been all of the previous years, but 31 was pretty magical. A handsome fella and his little princess landed in my life and I couldn't be happier. Family and friendships are stronger than ever, I have no complaints as a woman in her early thirties :)

Birthday Month is pretty narcissistic, but if people want to hang out with me for my birthday, who am I to say 'no'? The Bestest wanted to get the party started early this year and invited me to one of her favorite restaurants, Sutter Street Steakhouse. She's been ranting and raving about this place for over a year and she was excited to pop my cheery.

I'll take you through my daily eats yesterday, but again, the only one that really matters is dinner!

Breakfast
Since we were gone all weekend, we didn't have much in the fridge. I rummaged through the freezer and found my trusty frozen Trader Joe's burritos with a coffee. Breakfast of champs!
Source // {Since I didn't snap a pic when I ate it}
Lunch
I ate our leftovers from Ma Jong's on Sunday night - Mongolian beef and beef chow fun. Both of which have made multiple appearances on the blog, but no pic was taken, lo siento! I put it all in a bowl and scarfed it down. I also followed it up with my newly acquired Girl Scout cookies. The Samoa's make my heart swoon AND I will NEVER call them Carmel Delites or whatever PC name you try to make me call them!!
Source // {Logo, cause I didn't snap a pic}
Source // {Since I didn't snap a pic when I ate it}

Snack
Since I knew we'd be having a late dinner, I had a Vega One Mocha shake around 4PM to tide me over. 
Source // {Since I didn't snap a pic when I drank it}

Dinner
My prince charming, haha, aka the Bestest picked me up at 7:15 for the long drive to Folsom, home of Sutter Street Steakhouse. We chatted and laughed our way to the restaurant, arriving early for our reservation at 8PM. The Guidette was supposed to join us, but she bailed out in favor of saving money and partying with us this weekend, Boo! When it's just the two of us, our waist lines are in trouble - we always go all out! We start with an appetizer and don't finish until dessert, even if we can barely fit in our skinny jeans!


I'm glad to report that we both stayed strong and didn't order a glass of wine or a cocktail. I'm trying to stay true to my Lenten promise, although I've cheated once and will for my birthday tomorrow. I'm trying to stick to it as much as possible. Even though a glass of wine was calling my name, we both were good girls.

I'll let the pics do the talking...

The receptionist took us on a photo shoot before she sat us!
All the vino, but these wenches weren't drinking any :/
Such a sweet, personal touch!
Un gratis - delish, warm bread!
Iceberg Wedge Salad w/ Buttermilk Dressing (split w/ the Bestest)
Warm Brie with Bacon Jam
Wednesday Night Special - 6oz Filet, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Cream of Kale w/ Bacon
14 oz Rib Eye w/ Cream of Spinach
Birthday Surprise - Not sure the name, but so dreamy...
Spoiled!
Seasonal Sorbet - Lemon
Had to pose with both desserts!
People who love to eat are always the best. - Julia Child

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm really jealous that you have girl scout cookies. I can't find them anywhere in freaking NYC, which is super annoying. I think the girl scouts are waiting to come out when the blizzards are gone haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't find any, let me know. I know of a little girl who could use more sales for her troop. We could send them to you! I cringe at the word "blizzards," us Cali folks only know those from the drive thru at Dairy Queen ;) xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...