Five Things Friday - 2 Weeks Until Napa

2:32 PM

...Marathon that is...
five-things-friday- must-reads!
Thanks, Clare!
2 weeks doesn't sound like a long time...cause it isn't!

So thus, this post is dedicated to the 5 random thoughts going through my head as I prepare for the Napa Valley Marathon on March 1st. Or I should really say, my lack of preparation for the marathon...

F@&% - What the hell am I really doing? Oh I know, just doing my long runs. While also running very, very sporadically during the week. So sporadic, it's almost non-existent. I know I will finish all 26.2 miles, but how fast and effortlessly is another question. I envision some walking will be involved, even though it goes against every ounce of my being! I know I did not train well enough for this race. I know that being under prepared is stressing me out. My expectations have been realigned, but now I'm just plain worried about the race.

Sore - I literally knew after my first heavy set on Monday I was going to be in pain. It has been equal parts mixed pain and soreness from jumping straight into front squats w/ 10k plates. Coach wanted us to go heavy and fast, but I wasn't ready and after the second squat, I knew something was off. They tightened up and haven't let go since, until this AM. Yup, I continued with the workout and lifted more and heavier, but I paid for it all week. I've been popping Motrin like it's candy! Needless to say, I've been hoping and praying that my quads would recover enough for my 20 miler on Saturday. It's looking promising...

Last Long Run - 20 miles tomorrow, get excited! J has said that he might meet me for my last five. I won't get my hopes up, because he's said this before and it didn't happen. So, my mental game will be that I will be running solo for almost 4 hours. I will not let those last five miles get to me. I will try to finish them as strong as possible. I'm almost tempted to bring music. I will only need it for the last 5 miles, it might be a nice change of pace.

Logistics - This is going to be a pretty hectic weekend. We leave Friday afternoon and get back Sunday afternoon. However, on Saturday afternoon J will leave back to Sac to attend his G-pa's 83rd birthday celebration, which sadly, I will not be joining him. After the funstivities he will head back, but I have no idea what time this will be. Will he get back when I'm trying to sleep? I have no idea what his plans are for race day, so I'm not sure I can count on him for my race day supplies. It's a little jumbled at the moment, but we still have 2 weeks to get it all dialed in.

Disappointment - Yup, I'm disappointed in myself. I have no one else to blame. My lack of motivation to keep up with a training schedule really leaves nothing to be desired. I'm not sure where my motivation went, but I'd love for it to come back. Almost two months after Napa I have the choice to run the SLO full or half. I've had every intention of running the full, but after this training cycle I'm not sure what I'm going to do. There is no one pressuring me to do the full in SLO, besides myself.

*Bonus*
I wanted to add five links that I enjoyed interesting this week:
1. 10 Reasons to Date Soccer Girls
2. 8 Habits of People Who Never Get Jealous 
3. The Secret of Shake Shack's Success
4. Can Love and Running Coexist?
5. Huge Surprise Kate Spade Sale

Why did I sign up for another marathon, again?!?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...