A Love Letter to Myself

8:22 AM

Recently I was asked to write a love letter to myself. I was completely honored when Maria, of Say Hey Girl, asked me if I would be a part of her special Valentine's day themed post - Hey Girl, Be Your Own Valentine. I didn't even need to think about it, I was IN. She's a cool ass chick, also a fellow coffee and doughnut addict, which is an extra bonus!


Hi You!

You’re smile is what first attracts most people, but it’s your wit and ability to be genuine that keeps them around. Remember to be kind to yourself, I love and embrace every wiggle and jiggle on that strong body of yours. Don’t put yourself down, because you don’t always meet the crazy high expectation you have for yourself and your body. Say thank you to compliments, you deserve them. Don’t apologize for being yourself, wholeheartedly. Those that love you, and there are plenty, appreciate that part of your personality.

Your body is strong and can be pushed to limits you have yet to test it. When your motivation is down, remember those good moments in a race or a during a soccer game that you are being the best version of yourself. It is okay to care about your appearance, but remember to work on yourself from the inside out. You are an amazing person, but know that not everyone will have the chance to realize this. Keep being honest and putting yourself out there, that’s what makes you the best version of yourself.

I love how you go out of your way to make sure those you love are taken care of, big or small gestures alike. Your passion for writing handwritten notes and cards is your trademark, don’t ever give it up. I love how open you are to meeting new people and making them feel instantly comfortable. I appreciate your passion for writing and hope you don’t lose that, ever. Your voice is strong and you should express yourself in any way that makes you smile.

Keep being the best friend, daughter, sister, and woman you can be. There is always someone who you can inspire, even if you don’t see or hear from them. These words shouldn’t be so hard, but I love you. I love the woman you have become! I promise to say this to you more often; you definitely deserve to hear it.

Xoxo,
Me

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...