Thinking Out Loud on a Thurrrrsday

3:37 PM

I'm a little frenzied, pardon me...

Thinking-Out-Loud
Amanda at .RUNNING WITH SPOONS.
A runner's high and a 16oz soy mocha are to blame! That mixed with my casual attire at work today, mean it's already been a great day. That and I was able to order my new Saucony (casual) shoes that I've been eying since they said they were going to release them!

So,  you have...an overly happy, almost hyper writer on your hands!

Food for Thought // I saw this on IG and I posted it on FB, but it really hit home. By that I mean it really made me think of my own self love. "...and if I asked you to name all the things you love, how long would it take for you to name yourself?" Honestly, it would take a long time or it might not even happen. Yes, I actively love myself, it's healthy, but it's also not something you say when you are discussing the things you love. I would feel like an extreme case of narcissism, if I added myself to the list. Which says something about me and my views. We do need to remember to love ourselves, it's important. If we don't love ourselves, we can't allow others to love us as well. Just some random thoughts that this little quote provoked...

Lulu Phenomenon // I know I didn't make this up, but I've come to the conclusion that thanks to Lululemon women, myself included, feel that its acceptable to wear workout clothes in lieu of making a real effort to get dressed. Every. Single. Day. As an anti-Nike wearer for a long time, I love that Lulu came out of nowhere and satisfied my need of cute and functional workout clothes, although their price point meets and exceeds Nike's. Oh well, I'll pay the difference and wear it like it's going out of style. I am seriously stuck under the lulu spell, just like millions of women, but I'm okay with it. If you see me on the weekends and I have jeans on, it must be a big deal!

Looking Back // I've been struggling with my body weight lately, especially feeling comfortable in my skin. My clothes are tight and I don't like it. I know it won't change over night, but it still takes up unwanted mind space. I was looking at old pictures for a specific one and found one where I love how "fit" I look. J said I "looked hungry," which made me laugh. But isn't it funny how during that moment I was probably hoping to loose a few more lbs, but now I look back and wish I was that weight right now. Body weight and image is a constant battle, especially for someone who loves to indulge...on everything! But I need to remind myself that my weight does NOT determine who I am, even if I feel uncomfortable. I need to learn to love myself, no matter if I have a muffin top or not! 

Temptation // When your plans fall through, sometimes you can't stay strong. Last night after a quick 3 mile run, we hurried to get ready and get to  the movies to use our free movie passes. We had dinner planned for after the movie, but when we got there it was already full. So we decided that J would go play an indoor soccer game and we'd get dinner after. Instead of making a healthy choice, we gave into temptation. We got Willie's and totally gorged out! Chili. Cheese. Fries.

Saucony // They have been marketing their new "pack" of shoes. Why manufactures and shoe people use the term "pack" will always boggle my mind. Anywho, there are two colors in this pack and I wanted my hands on the "wool" ones! Because J is so into shoes, I know that at times they sell out within minutes...well that's the Nike story. So I've been tracking when these will be released. They also are selling them with unisex sizing, but technically the smallest size is still a little big for my feet. But I ordered them at 7:30AM this morning and I can't wait to get them! I hope they all work out, they are so freakin' cute!

NYC Marathon // It's like a rare gem that I have to pay for, but am not sure I'll ever get it. And I'm okay with that. I just attempted to enter the 2015 NYC Marathon without knowing if I'll actually get in. There is a possibility that my credit card will get a $255 charge and I will be accepted. I doubt I'll get selected, but I figured I might as well try. I'll stress about all the money if it happens, not now. Now, I will just hope that I get into one of the coolest marathons in the US! If I don't, I'll keep trying...

#FiveWordsToRuinADate // The best hash tag on twitter right now! Even though it's getting commercialized with companies adding to the mix, I still find them all hilarious. I tried to make my own, but miserably failed. So for now, I'll just read everyone elses creativity...since I'm lacking in that department.

Caffeinated randomness, you're welcome.
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm so glad Lulu made it okay to wear yoga pants in real life. Basically my happiest moment. I wore jeans to work a few days ago, and kind of hated it. Fortunately, my job is super casual. Lol.

    Definitely feeling you on the body weight lately. I just want to snap my fingers and be the size I want to be, but sadly, it doesn't work like that. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real! Wow, I wish I could wear Lulu's to work. I'm always stoked for Friday's, because that's when I get to wear jeans :) If only it were that easy...oh well, gotta just keep working at it! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...