It's My Blogiversary!

12:05 PM

Happy 2nd Birthday Musings of a Girly Tomboy...

It's my 2 year BLOGiversary. Yup, that's right it's a thing, I'm pretty sure. I see it on other blogs, so it must be legit, right? Just two short years ago I penned (or typed) my first post. Little did I know it would become the out let that it has and also encourage me to run better, faster, and stronger. 

To celebrate my menial two years in the world of writing about whatever pleases my little heart, I've pulled some of my old posts to share if you feel like reading randomness! Happy reading :)
Here is my first post ever, posted on January 8th, 2013: And So It Goes...

This is my most viewed post: WIAW - Carb Edition 

August 3rd, 2014, the post when I outed myself as a blogger to my friends and family: A Letter to a Future Reader

My first Rose & Thorn post, which I admit to stealing the idea from a family tradition of the Mormon's: Rose & Thorn

A few posts that never got any love...because no one knew about MOAGTB:
Here are a couple of my favorite posts:
Thanks for letting me celebrate myself a little.



I haven't done a Thinking Out Loud post in awhile, so I thought I'd add a quickie in too!

Thinking-Out-Loud
Amanda at .RUNNING WITH SPOONS.
Pinch Provisions // My lovely coworker left me this on my desk as a Christmas present. It is awesome, after opening I went straight to their website. They sell them on-line and at Sephora locations. This is the coolest thing ever. I will definitely be re-gifting these to some gals in my life!

Getting Lost in Fiction // It comes in waves, but I can get obsessive when it's at its peak. Currently, it's peaking and all the nuggets of goodness to read (next in line) aren't helping any. Thanks to my Health & Wellness program at work (Vitality), I earn points which earn me fun things, such as Amazon gift cards. I decided to splurge on books instead of running stuff. I can't wait to ignore my chores and life around me and get lost in some fiction, some biographical!
Cozi // J is big on planning and communication, so although we discussed it months back, we finally decided a shared calendar would work best for our busy little family. I had researched them before, but forgot what I found out. On a whim I looked again and went with one that was pretty well touted and FREE! So far it's worked without a hitch, however the Gold version which is $30/year seems to have more of the everyday functions that would be helpful, isn't that how it always works?

Baby Mason Jar // Obsessed with how cute and convenient this thing is for my iced coffee. It's nothing new and I didn't create it, I'm just swooning over the cuteness.

Donating Blood // I donate for the snacks, oh and to help save lives too. 12 donations in 2 years, thanks to my work having them come to our offices every 8 weeks. It's easy to do and I get snacks, you should probably do it too!


#9Run6 // I'm not part of this crew very often, but I do enjoy supporting their movement. They launched their very own beer last night, so we went to help them celebrate. I even bought one, at the baller-on-a-budget price of $2.62 (get it?) in support. However, being the beer disliker that I am, I only drank about 10% of it and poured the rest out for the homies. Okay, I didn't, but I so would have :) This low maintenance brewery is chill, and they have Jenga at most of the tables. Needless to say, I coerced J into playing, and of course, beat him! People took it upon themselves to write on the game pieces, which was fun to read - most were questions you'd have to answer when you pull that piece. J wasn't into it, but I kept reading them anyways or performing the dare!

3M // J is obsessed with 3M, I just think it's functional. But I loved wearing my new lulu running gloves for my early AM 7  miler this morning! They kept my hands so warm and fit perfectly! I hope the reflective 3M helped the cars see me, but I'm still skeptical...

Pitchers & Catchers // Thursday, February 19th, 2015...so close, yet so far! I miss baseball!

I deserve a cake for my blogiversary...okay, I'll settle for a maple bar!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I'm pretty late in your blog's life time. So I loved going back and reading the posts!

    I love that you donate blood, I have the most tiny temperamental veins, and they always blowout or collapse or barely get me by. I wish I could donate more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay! Thanks, still glad you found me. I'm definitely taking it more serious then when I first started. I used to have hidden veins, but now they come out to play every 8 weeks! At least you tried, that's all that counts! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogiversary!!! You must tell me how you like Not That Kind Of Girl and Yes Please are. I have read Wild and loved it. Have you seen the movie – or do you like to read the books first?

    You have a good heart for donating blood. I tried once and passed out just walking in to the place. I have a weak stomach when it comes to needles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen! It might be awhile, but I'll definitely let you know how it goes. I so want to go see Wild, but now I'm deciding if I'll read the book first or see the movie first. I think I prefer the book first, then the movie. But I think with Wild I'd be okay seeing it first...still undecided! Thanks, I don't really need it so if it helps someone I don't mind giving it! Wow, did you really pass out? That's scary... xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...