Five Things Friday - No More Hiatus

11:51 AM

Five R-A-N-D-O-M things floating around this brain of mine today...
five-things-friday- must-reads!
5. Bacon Week // It has been all week and I finally took advantage of it, two days in a row, I might add. I will not spoil my next WIAW post with showing you what I ate. Just know that it was all pretty much as amazing as you would imagine. Even a dessert with bacon. Bacon and ice cream, two things I didn't think I'd enjoy together, found a way into my heart this week! I'm sure I'll have a bacon hangover soon, but for now I'm on a mission to consume copious amounts of that fried, salty, goodness from the Gods!

Partners in Crime Night 1 - Bestest, Me, and Caca
Partner in Crime Night 2 - Me & Jen
4. Pet Names // Under no circumstances is it okay to call an ex by pet names if you are no longer in a relationship with them. You just shouldn't do it! I don't care if you are dating someone else or still single, it's not healthy. If you are to conversate/text/email then use their name or a derivative of their name. But by no means, do not use a nickname, a pet name, or anything else besides their name. Using that level of familiarity for that person, when not in a relationship with them is not okay. If you are in a new relationship, then I shouldn't even have to tell you this. However, if I do, you should probably stop or just not do it at all. It's rude and insulting. Pet names or nicknames, are reserved for those people currently in your life - family, good friends, or/or a significant other.

3. Stomach // A few times a year, my stomach will play this game where it will be in semi-turmoil for a week or so, give or take a few extra days. It's not enough enough to warrant a trip to the doctor, but it is annoying enough to make me write about it. TMI Alert! It seems to have me visiting the commode more than my average trips per day, enough trips for me to be annoyed by it. Almost every meal never settles properly. This makes running/training such a gamble. Heaven forbid I have an episode out on a long run - I don't think I'd ever live down shitting on the side of a trail, no TP, and then having to run the rest of the way to my car. You get my drift? Whatever it is, it's no bueno. Seem to have come and pretty much pass so far...

2. Yoga // Okay, I think I've been saying this for at least 8 months, but I really want to get back into a studio. One just opened up by our house, besides the ten thousand other ones on the Grid, that I've been wanting to try. I know exactly how amazing it is for my body, especially my runner hips! I know only good things will come from it, but making the time just seems to be hard. I hate when people say that, but it is kinda true. M-F AM's are dedicated to either lifting or running. The evenings are usually packed with stuff, from indoor soccer to our evenings with L. That doesn't leave too many free evenings to get to a/the yoga studio. I guess I should stop my complaining and just go! Even if it's once a month, at least that one hour of yoga will help my body! Okay, I think I'll go next week....


1. Damn Pinterest // It's sucked me into it's vortex of pins, boards, liking, and altogether randomness. I find things I didn't even know I was looking for. The real reason I go on there is to find 'easy' recipes that I still seem to mess up. Case in point, using butternut squash when clearly the recipe says sweet potatoes! Geez, #NailedIt again! But I find these lovely typography quotes, pretty flowers, cute clothes, and all this stuff that doesn't need my attention in the slightest bit, so fun to peruse through. But I catch myself going on there daily. I have followers and I follow people, but I don't really see much value in it. I do enjoy getting funny or cute quotes to send to J, cause we're dorky and pretty average like that (cause I'm sure everyone uses that for the same reason)! What's a secret board about anyways? Whey do I need to have secrets on social media, seems like that goes against what it's all about. Needless to say, my 'secret board' is so secret it doesn't have anything on there! I do think my board count unnecessarily tripled over the last two weeks. Can you have a private profile on there? I don't even know what I'm doing...and I'm pretty savvy with all other social media outlets...just not this annoyingly, addictive one!

It feels good to be back, talking in fives!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. What's your pinterest link? I wanna follow you! Can I be invited to your secret board? :) Haha! P.S how did I not know it was bacon week last week? I did know it was national pb day one day. Guess I'm not terribly far behind in all the major life events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie! Here ya go: http://www.pinterest.com/ganeeban/ ! Yes, if I ever create one, you will be the first invited! I think it was just bacon week in Sacramento, I'm not sure if any where else celebrates bacon as much as my city?! Oh, National PB day is another fave of mine too! You are not behind at all :) That's why I'm here. xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  2. Freaking Pinterest...the ultimate time suck!

    Jen@jpabstfitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Haha, I like that...exactly! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...