Apparently it's Real....

10:51 AM

Tomorrow is our dativersary.

After our run where he asked me out on our first date.
Insert: cheesy alert...proceed with caution.

And apparently that's a real (made-up) thing. It's on the Twitters and I even did a Google search, which brought up plenty of randomness to show that others do care about it. In case you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about, I'm referring to the date when J and I went on our first date. I used to mercilessly mock an old co-worker (sorry Becks) about her and her, now husband, then boyfriend celebrating each month. I'm not sure if they celebrated their dativersary or anniversary date, but seemed like a lot to me. But, here we are and I'm celebrating our dativersary, even though I would probably mock those that said they were going to do this at one point.

I don't necessarily remember each detail vividly, but I do remember most of the evening. I also remember when we were running the Wednesday just a few short days before our date, he said to me "So when can I take you out?" It doesn't get more romantic than that sweet line, while running and sweating together. I couldn't even get myself to look at him, even though I knew the question would be coming at some point. I replied with a quick "whenever." The conversation didn't really get much more exciting. I think we kind of worked out some of the details of the date, but I'm not sure...

Just a two short days later, we went out. However, I had to attend a rosary for a family member, so our date was a little later than normal. I had no idea what J had planned, which made me nervous. I truly thought and discussed with the Bestest, that he was going to take me to his brother's bar. In my defense, he didn't mention any details of the date and that's the only place (besides soccer and running) that I've seen him out and about.

I vividly remember walking down the stairs, trying not to look through the window to see him. I was slightly nervous, which is unlike me. Normally I'm so nervous, but knowing him for years probably helped the situation out.

Needless to say, our first date was great. Since I'm sitting here almost exactly a year later and we are living together and happy. I probably should have realized then that this wasn't going to be just any date. A few things that normally make me nervous didn't with him, even before the date. The biggest was him having a kid. It didn't bug me at all, even though I didn't know anything about their situation, I just knew he had a daughter. I wasn't really nervous to go out with him. From the moment he came through the door I was relaxed, everything felt normal.

No awkward pauses in conversation and I didn't feel that anything in our conversation was forced. He even did his homework and took me to a place I'd never been. This is kind of a hard feat to do, since I live and eat all over the Grid. However, what I didn't expect was stomach issues (which I'd have for a few days). I hadn't been eating much and I didn't want him to think I was a rexie, but I also didn't want to have to excuse myself for bathroom reasons. Obviously! Feeling completely comfortable, I just told him my stomach wasn't feeling the best and I just took a few bites and drank some wine (which could have gone all wrong, but it didn't thank goodness)!

He was the ultimate gentleman and still is to this day. The open doors and pull out my chair type of guy. He still continues to make me smile and that's all that really matters! It's not perfect and I don't want it to be. We have our ups and downs, but as long as our downs are resolved, we will continue to work toward a happy and healthy relationship. I choose mostly to share only our good moments, but don't get it twisted, there are bad ones too.

J continues to be my beautiful surprise (I.Arie reference) and I can't wait to celebrate tomorrow...

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I remember that first run, and I remember thinking you two were totally into each other. I thought you knew each other already! Congrats :) ps my short hair hat days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA, we did know we each other. We've played soccer with and against each other for years. Your hair was SO short then, you can pull off both ways :) xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...