#SmallTownBIGRace

8:44 AM

So I was a little premature, kinda like a teenage high school boy...

My post a couple weeks ago let you in on my secret...

But, just in case you missed it, I was selected as a SLO Marathon Ambassador for 2015!

Get social about it:
Facebook: /slomarathon
Twitter: @slomarathon
Instagram: @raceslo
Pinterest: RaceSLO
Hashtag: #RaceSLO

Here are my TOP 5 Reasons for you to join me and #RaceSLO in the #SmallTownBIGRACE ! You can choose to run one of the three distances the SLO Marathon has to offer- full marathon, half marathon, or the 5K! I even have a discount code so you can get your Baller-On-A-Budget like I always love too!


Tri Tip, need I say any more? It's not even just the tri tip, it's the perfectly seasoned fries, the ABC burger, the pulled pork. I can go on if you'd like. This is a staple in any SLOer's career in this lovely city. Unless you're a Vegan, you can have some salad if you'd like. Or venture down the street to The Natural Cafe! Either are the perfect post race meal!
Source
Source
4. The Weather 
The average weather in March is 55 degrees. Are you kidding me? That's perfect running weather!
Source // weather.com
3. Location, Location, Location 
You have two choices, both of which are within 10 to 15 minutes away...if that. You can go straight to the Pacific Ocean or head to the vast acreage of wine country of the Central Coast. This city is famous for giving off the SLO (a huge pun intended) vibe, everything is relaxed (no drive thru's at fast food restaurants). Also, no matter where you live in CA, you're pretty much right in the middle of the state, so travel distance isn't too far. From Sacramento it's a 5 hour-ish drive, not too far for a RACEcation!
 2. Wine Not
Wine, wine, wine! One of my favorite past-times during college was to go visit wineries on the weekend! Less than 10 minutes away from my home lies some of the tastiest wine. SLO Wine Country does a great job of providing you ALL the details of local wineries - from how to get around safely to the historical background of the landscape. After your race, OR before, relax and unwind at any of these local wineries, wine not?
1. Because Oprah (and National Geographic) said it was the Happiest City in America


Instead of taking my word for it, you should just come and run the race with me and my fellow ambassadors! It'll be my first time running it too, so let's get after these hills.

I know you've been dying for it, so here's a discount code to receive $10 off your registration of the half or full marathon:

A RACEcation doused in wine, I'm in...even if I wasn't an ambassador :)

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. How am I such an idiot? For some reason I never caught what SLO stood for. San Luis Obispo is supposed to be so pretty. I'm so jealous. I need to eventually make a trip out of the city to get down there.

    (although not for a marathon because 26 miles would actually kill me right now).

    Congrats girl, it's going to be so much fun! Can't wait to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know because I went to school there, you learn real quick! It IS pretty and there are so many awesome things to do - hikes, wine, food, basically its amazing :) Well, if it gets you there there's a half and a 5k too, just sayin'!! Thanks a bunch and yes, get there if you can't, especially when it's warmer...Avila beach is heaven! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  2. Reading this makes me super excited for SLO Marathon weekend andnot just because pulled pork is a favorite post-race meal of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Oh, that's my lil sis's fave thing at Firestone. Can't wait to see you there! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  3. That is awesome that you were chosen as an ambassador for this race! How do you even get affiliated like this with a race or event? I would love to become an ambassador for some of our local events around Oregon! My husband does some work near Santa Barbara and the Santa Ynez Valley. If we are in that area during this time I will definitely consider doing the race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristen! Thanks, I just saw it on Twitter and I thought I'd apply since it's in my old college stomping grounds :) About a year or so in advance, some races start looking for ambassadors, then you apply...as easy as that! That would be awesome if you could run it, it's so beautiful...and did I mention wine...lots and lots of wine! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...