Thinking Out Loud - Messy Thoughts

2:19 PM

I'm I'm Literally, just thinkin' out loud today...

Thinking-Out-Loud
Amanda at .RUNNING WITH SPOONS.
I know this is redundant, but I love doing this Thursday link-up! It allows me to just let my current thoughts spew out and sometimes it even sheds light/insight to my own thoughts and ideas. So, thank you Amanda...slowly and surely I'm growing as a person, as I learn to adapt to this writing lifestyle that I have become a part of...


Wiiiiings // For 4+ years of my life I touted 'deceptive and fraudulent' information. But you know what, I don't care. Red Bull was one of my most memorable jobs that I have EVER had! My jobb with them had so many external benefits, besides being an all-around good job in itself, that I actually feel bad about this lawsuit. I feel bad for my pseudo RB family. Was it all a fraud? I vividly remember the quizzes we'd take regurgitating every word (for word) that was on that can. I guess, I'll get one last payment of $10 from them. OR should I not be part of the $13 million dollar settlement. I'm having some serious internal conflicts here. I mean who doesn't love an extra $10 in their wallet! But, after all my years dedicated to this product and company, make it hard to want to believe what I used to walk around saying was proven fraudulent. I'm still brainwashed have mad love for the company, I won't and haven't ever drank another energy drink since I started working there. All my friends and family know that I do not support or allow any other brand of energy drink around me!  But damn...apparently their genius marketing finally came full circle to bite them in the ass. I guess I don't need that $10 that bad...

Expectations // I have them. I need to manage them better. As I get older, I realize that my expectations of people around me (family, friends, person I'm dating, co-workers, acquaintances, fellow gym go-ers, etc.) are fairly high. I know that my expectations of these people are high, because I put out a damn good effort to meet their expectations. I put a lot of time and energy (re: myself) into those that I spend my time with. I, however, am learning, that what I do, does not reflect what I will always get in return, for whatever the reason. It's a concept that I can't quite wrap my head around yet, but I'm working toward it. The stubborn part of my brain repeatedly tells me that I should not have to lower my expectations of those around me, but I've come to learn if I don't...then inevitably I'll become disappointed at some point. This isn't true in all cases, but more of often than not lately. I didn't realize it would be this hard to learn or accept this idea...but I'm working through it.
Faux Hippie Eating // So if you've been reading for awhile, you'll notice that every once in awhile I dabble in a faux hippie mode. Shopping at the Sac Co-op doesn't help these bursts of randomness. So, I really wanted a dessert the other night, but I compromised by trying something new. A paleo dessert, even been vegan too :/ Bad move. I literally took one bite and was done. It was like a dense brick of grittiness grossness. 

Throwback // Or archives! You know that stuff you have at your parents house, that you are just too damn lazy to sort through...well, that is, until you get a text to come get it within two days OR ELSE.... Okay, I might exaggerate about the empty threat, but it had been way long over due for me to get that stuff out of my old room. Anywho, look what I found. Talk about ancient, I can't even tell you what generation these Apple products are. I think the stick that looks the the chalk stick that comes in your Fun Dip is one of the first "shuffles" and the other is a pretty early generation of the "Nano". J decided to plug them in and see if we could get them to charge and eventually work. The jury is still out...

Girls Weekend // T-minus one day-ish until a few of us girls pile into the Bestest car and head to Sonoma/Windsor for a girls weekend! Holler! So excited for the weekend, but lets be serious, mostly excited for the wine! Girls weekends are good for the soul - time to relax, talk way too much about way too many personal things, eat supery unhealthy, drink until we puke (or pass out), and enjoy each others company! Thank goodness my friends like to eat and drink, it gets better as we get older. Since I doubt any cooking will happen, we all decided to bring snacks and then we'd go out for most meals. So here's my contribution to the weekend:


New Girl // I find this ridiculous show to be extremely entertaining! The characters and story line get a little kooky at times, but it's just enough to keep me coming back for more. I think I about died on Tuesday night when the buff, overly hipster character said he had micro penis syndrome. I have never heard of this before and, of course, I had to see if it was real. Well, I'll be damned, poor, poor guys who have this! I tried hard not to Google it, but I just had to know. I bet you want you're dying to know about it now too!!

Sportsmanship // J is such a trooper. I'm sure its not easy dating me, obviously! I know he gets tons of shit for this blog (and IG) and whatever I write all over it. I've been threatening persuading him to get a pedicure with me forever. How do you know you won't like something if you've never tried it? I finally just made him come with me last night. Turns out, according to J "it wasn't bad!" Success! He's such a trooper and I'm grateful he's willing to try new things, even if they are girly and out of his comfort zone! In good sportsman fashion, I have volunteered to do do something with him that I normally wouldn't do! Should get interesting...
Obsession // I've been on a serious (soy) mocha kick lately. Coffee is good and all, but mocha's have been making me swoon incessantly! It wouldn't be bad, but these bad boys are on average $4-$5 a pop! Please pardon my first world, baller-on-a-budget problems over here! I never used to drink mocha's and I can't even tell you how I started recently. I love that they are like a coffee and a hot chocolate mixed together, I get the best of both worlds!
 

Thoughts aren't meant to be cataloged, rather to just be...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...