Thinking Out Loud - Lost in Thought

2:29 PM

A little about nothing much at all...


Thinking-Out-Loud
Amanda at .RUNNING WITH SPOONS.
The Lost Art // Well, at least in my opinion, writing and snail-mailing notes/cards is a lost art form. Heck, even a real invitation seems to be few and far in between. With the evolution of E-vite and high usage of FB (re: all social media), maybe even adding in group texting, we’ve lost the art of paper trails. However, anything related to baby making or marriage is still sent via the traditional way, but even this is changing! Okay, I went on a slight tangent on invitations. Sorry. I know how much I love, love, love receiving handwritten notes/cards in the mail, so although others might not feel the same, I go out of my way to send them to friends and family, alike. I mean really, who doesn’t like opening up something other than a bill or sifting through those thousands of unwanted ads. So my unsolicited task to you, is leave a note, mail a note, mail a card, mail a postcard, but whatever you do…make it handwritten and a surprise!

Snail Mail that made my day...

Manners // Okay, I’m not perfect, but I try my hardest to always use ‘please’ and ‘thank you’. I know manners go beyond that, but sometimes as we get older I feel like adults forget that these words are still important and necessary to use when interacting with one another. I go out of my way to make sure people use them, but in turn, I hope that people hold me accountable as well. I’m a stickler when it comes to my lovebugs using these words, so please don’t be offended if I remind your child to use them. I was taught, from the very beginning, that these are important words to use. I hate that adults don’t use them as often as they should, it’s basic manners people…get with it, please!


Veggie Week FAIL // I have totally reverted to my old habits of eating awful even though it’s veggie week. Think cheese pizza and quesadilla’s instead of veggies, salads, and whole foods. I could sit here and blame it on the World Series, but let’s be honest. If I wanted to eat healthier I could. So, now that I’ve confessed, I’m going to try to be better for the next few days. Once I incorporate protein back into the mix, I feel like my eating will be much better. Maybe I’ll even try the whole “meal prep” thing next week!


Be serious. // Probably one of my favorite sayings. Anyway, this totally is a “be serious” picture that must be shared. My co-worker’s husband is a huge SF Giants fan and somehow he convinced her to let him do this to their garage. He said it would be “just for three months,” which evolved into 3 years. Now here we are, in another Pennant race, so I have a feeling this isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon! I love it!!


Clarity // Sometimes, scratch that, most of the time I’m much better at expressing myself after I can edit it. And by that, I mean when I am writing it, but also after I’ve had time to think about what I am trying to articulate. This mostly comes with things of importance, not things such as work related issues, actually mostly emotional things. If I respond quickly, it’s with emotion and with no regard to clearly express myself. Then I sit there and analyze what I really meant to write/say. There are things that I want to say at times, but getting them out without offending or confusing the other person, at times is one of my biggest struggles. I’m working on it, but it’s something that I think I’ll always have to work towards!

Racing to Run // When I sign up for a “race,” I think of it just as that, a RACE. I need to change this mentality, because I essentially burned out. I’ve been ‘racing’ so much the last few years, I don’t always take time to enjoy the run. So, this Saturday, as I lace up the Kinvara’s for a 5k, I am going to just run – no time expectations, not killing myself trying to PR – just run to support an organization that I hold near to my heart. So, note to self, although it’s called a race, you’re really just running!


Paint and Drink // So is it weird that I am excited to go hangout with some gals, drink wine, and paint…but I want nothing to do with the painting?!? Do people expect you to hang this painting up? I would be completely content with just leaving it at the Painted Cork after our class is over. I’m just going for the FUN, the painting is just ehh. The perfectionist in me is really dreading this, because let’s be honest…painting is not my forte, but I’ll want it to be good. But it won’t be. So I’ll get frustrated and want to throw it across the room and then probably just keep drinking wine to distract me from how bad it will look. Hey, how about that pessimistic outlook, huh?!? All I know is I am determined to have a good time (wine is involved, so it shouldn’t be hard) with the ladies from MSC! We’ve never really hung out outside the walls of the gym, so I’m excited!!

Paris // Something is not right when your Boss misses Bosses Day and then brings YOU a treat from his work trip! But hey, I’ll take it! Macarons from Paris, I did something right in this 8-5 world of mine! I’ve never, in my life, seen a metallic macaron…I’m in awe! I can’t wait to devour these with J tonight…I guess sharing is caring
Gracias Spoons, my weekly verbal purge done right!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Man. Your boss brings in macarons. Mine has only ever brought in Twix. So jealous.

    Love your thoughts today. I'm a total card hoarder, so I'm always happy to get physical handwritten notes and cards. It IS a lost art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay! This was his first time bringing them in, I was shocked! I am a card hoarder too, I purged a bunch a year ago...then I felt completely guilty :( Have a great weekend! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Don't we all, Mark?!? Vamos Gigantges! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with you about snail mail. I LOVE getting mail every day and finding the occasional "letter" from a friend or family member. My grandparents and I write each other once a month (I've been doing this now for the past four years). I try to personalize invitations and letters as much as possible. I have always wanted to do one of those wine and painting events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so blessed to have you G-parents around, mine have all been gone for awhile now :( I love that you write letters to them, that is amazing! At least there are a few of us out there who aren't letting that art die! I was totally wrong about the wine and painting...it was a great time. The good company probably had more to do with it, than anything ;) Have a great week Kristen! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...