Thinking Out Loud - It's Good to be Random

10:24 AM

I'm pretty sure this is the slowest week everrrr...

Thinking-Out-Loud
Amanda at .RUNNING WITH SPOONS.
So dramatic, I know! Last week flew by, so I guess this means this week goes at snail pace? My emotions are high, my Gmen made it possible for the effing Dodgers to clinch last night, so my pride and heart are a little hurt today! We can still clinch, our magic number is 1, but it won't be as special...

So, due to the first rain of fall and that loss last night, this post is going to be as random as random can be!

Proud Non-Cooker // I am probably a little more prideful than one should be, in regards to my lack of cooking. Or I should emphasize, my lack of desire to cook. Pre the Boy, it was just me, so sometimes cooking was way more time consuming than the reward. Or other times I'd end up eating spaghetti for 7 days straight, for all three meals. Post the Boy, we still eat out all the time, but we've made a conscious effort to grocery shop and eat at home. Although it's a new found attempt, we are working hard at it. Thus, I became a proud non-cooker on Tuesday night. Even though it was after a soccer game, even though we still needed to go to the store for ingredients - we did IT! It wasn't anything glamorous, but it was good, fairly healthy, and I had some leftovers! Baby steps...

Korean Beef (really Ground Turkey) Over (Brown) Rice
No lie, I really had to look up how to cut/mince ginger!
iOS8 // Apple, Apple, Apple! You slay me. I don't ever do the update until my phone sends me a reminder. Buuuut, everyone has been doing the most recent update and I kinda feel left out. I'm just that lazy to wait until I'm forced too, but some of the upgrades look awesome. No longer will we be held hostage in group texts, that's probably one of my most attractive features of the new update. Annnd, now you release new phones and everyone AND their Mom's are getting them. I'll be that girl waiting until her contract is ready for renewal to upgrade, so then I can finally get a fancy 6. Until then, I'll be rockin' a 5 and proud of it...kinda...


Hit A Wall // Do you ever just hit a wall with a certain feeling? You're just over it, over spending time and energy on it. Realizing that maybe those energies can be spent else where. I hit that wall this week. I used to let a situation/feeling/emotion bug me, but somehow, some way I just (mentally) have figured out how to let it go. Not be mad or be hurt, but still curious without judgement. No matter what the feeling elicits or what the response is, it will not bug me anymore. I am in control of my thoughts and I need to remember that!

Big Blue // We have been together since 2001, my longest relationship to date! That is 13 years and counting, with almost 260,000 miles in total. You've driven me to and from college (300 miles each way) more times that I can count and helped me commute to work (65 miles each way) for about three years. But you're old (as am I), I treat you well, but like a human you are slowly wearing down. Like a human, you are cashing in on your retirement and social security in the way of a new set of brakes. You are14 years old, in car years, that's hella old. I will continue to take care of you, but hopefully in May 2015 we will part ways and I will adopt a new, younger version of you. I'm sorry, you'll never be replaceable and you'll always have a spot in my heart!

I Hate Pumpkin // Anything! I know, I know, let the ridicule begin. I'm so over girls, cause guys never brag about fall and pumpkin flavored stuff, posting their obsession over fall, pumpkin spiced latte's, boots, and scarves. Okay, I'm lying, the later two are okay to brag about. But seriously, pumpkin stuff tastes gross and I don't want to hear any more about it! Thanks, but I'm not interested! Rant Over //
Farting & Relationships // Haha, there will always come a point in a relationship that it is bound to happen, but when is the right time? This lovely flow chart from College Humor is perfect to figure out when! I'm still laughing...

30 // I am officially on a 30 and over soccer team. We played our first game this week and we lost in the last, probably, 20 seconds of the game. What a heart breaker! I will add, I was surprised at how fast the pace of the game was for this league. I'm happy to play because its with tons of good family friends, a couple of randoms, and a co-worker! Shitty way to lose, but its only the first game.

Perspective // Sometimes it takes someone showing ourselves, to gain perspective. Whether its a picture or their words, an outsiders vision can be helpful to remind us to not be so critical or hard on ourselves. I don't know about you, but I am very hard on myself when it comes to my body. I always have a goal weight in mind, but even if I get close, I always feel like their is improvement needed. Mentally, not generally verbally to many others (sometimes the Boy or the Bestest), I berate my body as being chunky/overweight/chubby. But, after my strength class I saw myself in a different light. My coach posted a few pictures from class, on IG, and I was happy with what I saw. I looked strong. I hope this doesn't come off as conceited. Instead of instantly being so self-involved and putting myself down, I was actually self aware of what I may look like to someone else. I find myself always reminding girlfriends to not be hard on themselves or their bodies, but I don't let that advice pertain to myself. Well, yesterday was different. I was actually happy with his candid pics. I'm not sure I can say this for today, tomorrow, or in the future...but I will relish in this unfamiliar-to-me perspective while I can... 
 
No rhyme or reason, just random...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...