Five Things Friday - Randomness x5

9:47 AM

Cheers to the freakin' weekend!
A little unoriginal, because I'm sure I've used that line before. Per the usu, I'm happy its Friday and that my freedom (re the weekend) is a short 9 hours away. I say that like I dislike my job, which is completely untrue - this week has just been hectic, lots of events coming up and everything seems scattered from my return from vacation. No complaints, just happy to be able to relax. Somewhat busy weekend ahead, but busy in the best way possible - spent with family and friends celebrating a variety of life's events! Hoping to squeeze in some last few summer minutes poolside, but we'll see...
 
5 Things that Made Me Happy This Week:
1. Grocery shopping - and using all the food I bought. Its the small victories I celebrate. But I should also thank the Boy, he's a motivating factor in eating healthy and preparing our own meals (re no going out).

Trader Joe's // Cheese Enchilada & Cesar Salad in a Naan wrap
2.  Staying hydrated - I bought a new water bottle in Hawaii and I've been making myself drink plenty of water all day. I'm really good at drinking water M-F at my desk, but I'm horrible at committing on the weekends.

HIC
3. Coconut Peanut Butter - I can't stop talking about this stuff, it's literally amazing. I am almost already halfway through the jar and I've only eaten it for about 6 days. 
4. Good mail days - really, when you receive all your online purchases. New inserts for my new running shoes, a new book, and the 3 remaining cards against humanity extensions I need. Happy shopper!
5. Being sore - according to IG, being sore is the new sexy ;) haha! In all seriousness, I know it's my body reminding me why I should not slack off, but also reminding me of all the new movements I'm going to learn via my strength class. It hurts so good...

5 Things I Can Do to Attempt to Stay Balanced (in Life):

1. Yoga - I have a 10 day pass, I need to just sign up and commit to at least 10 days.  
2. Write - wholeheartedly, without editing. 
3. Stop Glorifying Busy - accepting that all my minutes in the day don't need to be assigned to something.
4. Read - anything not on social media. Finish the book from vacation, get around to reading a book I've been avoiding, or even read the new layout of Runner's World I have sitting around.
5. Be present - stop trying to plan the future and organize everything. Try to really embrace the present moment.

5 Pins from This Week 
Not gonna lie, I've been anti-Pinterest for a long time. I thought it was just another way to get girls to be overtly girly. But after having the actual app for (probably) years, I recently (re 6-8 months) started using it as a search engine for stuff. I do think it is overrated, but I have started using it. I still don't really get what 'pinning' means and why it is so important. I barely have any followers and only look for specific things. I don't go on pin-tangents to find stuff, so maybe that's why I don't really care too much about the app. I do find it interesting that you can have secret pin things...like really, is that necessary?
Source
Source
Okay, this has nothing to do with 5's, but everything to do with the loves of my life! My Gmen. Yesterday they had a day off for travel, boo! I'm that selfish, I hate when they don't play because that means no game to watch, but I guess they should rest (182 games ain't nothin ;)). The boys start a three game series in San Diego today - they are 2.5 games back from the f*****g Dodgers and up 2 games for the wildcard. I'd rather they fight, tooth and nail to secure their division and not rely on the Wild Card. My stomach can't handle the one-game elimination that is required for the wild card spot. So here's to plenty of good Gmen baseball this weekend!

Doesn't everyone live their Friday's by fives?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. LOVE Cards Against Humanity! Have fun with the new sets :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! I can't wait to host a game night, it's always fun when a few adult libations are involved as well :) xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...