Five Things Friday - 5x5

11:36 AM

No I'm not referencing what I ordered at In-n-Out...
But it does total my favorite number of my favorite athlete. Random (SF Giants) tangent, sorry. But here are 25 random things, grouped by 5's, that went on in Week de Ganeeban (eek, I just third personed myself)!
 
5 Things that Made Me Happy This Week:
1. October Baseball - We're on our way to the post season, see my post from yesterday!


2. Footy - Being on the pitch, after what seems like forever. I think its been 3 or 4 weeks since I've had a touch on the ball. I was a little off this week, but it is to be expected.
3. Discussing Napa 2015 - I was reminded to enjoy running right now, when November hits we'll start actual training. Just talking about logistics and hotel reservations got me all giddy for my second marathon, I am excited to give 26.2 miles another go!
4. Bagels - Yes, you read that. Carby goodness that is missing it's center. I love these stupid, processed things! I had an amazing breakfast bagel yesterday and I want MORE!

5. Nasal Spray - You know how I know I'm old? Because I just wrote that a medicine made me happy! I was out it for about 5 days and I felt like the queen of phlegm. Sorry, TMI! I guess my allergy prone sinuses really do rely on those one snorts per nostril each AM! So glad my prescription got sorted out and I can (kinda) breath like a normal human!


5 Food Pics from This Week:
1. Trader Joe's Frozen Brown Rice and Grilled Chicken from the Roach Coach (at work)

2. Half order of White Rice, Grilled Chicken, and Grilled Veggies from the Roach Coach (at Work)
3. Baja & Grilled Fish Tacos at Cafe Capricho & a Parlor Donut Ice Cream Puff

4. Teryaki Maki - Chicken Katsu...I think!

5. Tower Cafe - Peanut Butter Tart

5 Workouts This Week:
1.  Monday - Indoor soccer game.
2. Tuesday - Conditioning at Midtown and an indoor soccer game.
3. Wednesday - Strength at Midtown.
4. Thursday - Conditioning at Midtown.
5. Friday - Swolemate date with the Bestest - squats, squats, squats!

Still working on the form, especially the ass to grass part!
5 Random Feelings This Week:
1. Happy // Meeting another new Lovebug this week, pretty much makes me smile from ear to ear. The Zook/Petty household welcomed Mr. Malcom into the world 7 weeks ago and I finally got to meet him in person. Listening to the birthing story, their adventures through parenthood, and discussing our upcoming training plan were relaxing and made for a perfect evening. Well, that and a buffet of delish desserts for all to share!

2. Sore // Okay, more of a physical feeling, but still. My body felt it's age this week. 3-4 weeks off from soccer and then WHAM, 2 games back-to-back, mean that my body is sore. Add three days at Midtown and this 31 year old body, feels approximately 38 today!
3. Irritated // Follow through, it's important. If you are asked to do something, make sure you do it or let me know if you can't. It's really not that hard. Rant over //
4. Worrisome // Poppa Bear had his first knee surgery, of two. It's outpatient and very common, but with his healthy history and current healthy, any type of surgery still leaves me worried about him. Worried he'll gain more wait. Worried he won't recover like he would have if he was healthier. Worried that he'll drive Momma Bear in sane since he's immobile. But, seeing him the evening of his surgery made me smile. He was himself, stubborn and resilient, I just needed to be reminded of that!
5. Grateful // Just plain grateful for plenty of things in my life. However, a friend and I had dinner plans and she brought me a gift. It isn't my birthday, I didn't get a promotion at work, I wasn't celebrating. She bought me something, because it reminded her of me. I thought that was the sweetest ever and am grateful to have friends who know me so well and spoil me on a regular basis! 


5 Things I Treated Myself to This Week:
1. Pura Vida Bracelets - They are philanthropic and cute! I had a 50% off coupon from my friend!

2. LuluLemon Om Racerback - A few of the color ways were on sale so I treated myself to one! It's still warm out, so tanks are acceptable for my workouts...I give it another couple weeks before tanks are no longer wearable.
3. French Fries - On Tuesday the Boy and I committed to doing 50 burpees if we ate chips or fries. I did this awhile ago, to negate me eating the two things that I absolutely love. I asked him if he wanted to do this with me and we sadly obliged. So we gorged out on one last order of crispy french fries sans burpees!
4. Dermalogica Active Moist - This is a staple in my facial cleansing ritual, but this time I spent a little more and bought the 'professional' size. I figured I might as well buy the big one, since I use it daily, if not twice a day. Thankfully, Amazon lets the average Jane buy the from the 'Professional' line!
5. Jamba Juice Groupon - The Bestest mentioned this Groupon to me. She knows my obsession with Acai bowls, so she said I should try this. I would normally not indulge in one of these, thinking they were over commercialized, but I'm desperate. I'll try anything to curb this obsession! I'll be getting one this weekend, I'm sure you'll hear about it next week....

That was a lot...even for me to write and come up with...

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great list! Since its Five Friday I'll give you 5 comments! Haha!

    1) Great job on your workouts and good luck with your marathon training!
    2) Best wishes for your Poppa Bear's surgery and for a speedy recovery.
    3) I have 2 Pura Vida bracelets and I still haven't worn them! Haha! I'm saving them for a race!
    4) Congrats on your Giants winning!
    5) That Peanut Butter Tart! Yum!

    Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady! Nice to hear from you! Love the five comments :) Nice, I can't wait to get my PV bracelets, hoping next week sometime! Thanks for the well wishes, I'll pass them along to him. Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  2. I had a maple cinnamon French toast bagel this week and it was amazing! I haven't had a bagel in so long before that. Nasal spray has saved the day many times for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever that is, it sounds amazing!! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete
  3. I am in love with the lululemon racerback tanks and had no idea that lululemon had a "sale" area on their website. Very sneaky of them to not call it "sale". Thank you!!! This will be my new go-to area when shopping athletic clothing sales. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, way sneaky of them. But my baller-on-a-budget nose sniffed them out right away! haha! Glad you know about the secret too! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...