A Letter to a Future Reader

8:25 AM

Dear Potential Reader,

It's taken me a while to to be comfortable to share this space, my space of the blogisphere with you. Through the process of contemplating, starting, having, and continuing this blog, I actually discovered that I enjoy writing. Whether it's a race recap, a review of my weekend, or a silly link-up (which I love to partake in) I enjoy writing down my thoughts, experiences, and randomness.

I am hesitant to share this part of my life with you. Simply, for fear of judgment. Possibly, also for fear of being mocked. A huge part of my fear is the vulnerability I will feel when you start reading what I've written. What will you think about my writing? About the content? Will you notice my poor grammar and punctuation? Will the redundancy get to you (most of the pictures are already on other various forms of social media)?

For being a fairly confident person in most other aspects of my life, this absolutely scares the shit out of me. I can take teasing with the best of them, but when it comes to mocking what I've taken the time to write...it will hurt (I'm guessing). I know it will happen at some point, but I'm not looking forward to experiencing it.

I am thankful for this outlet. I can write freely without expectation, judgement, and ridicule. I get to write what I want, what I'm feeling, and whenever I want too. That's the glorious thing about having a blog. So please remember that when you are reading any of my posts, be kind.

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by Musings of a Girly Tomboy. I honestly hope you enjoy what you read and at least smile once.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I always enjoy your posts! :) I also worry about similar things such as the mocking. I'm not an English Scholar and sometimes I fear that other reading my writing are judging. I've not heard anything negative yet, so let's hope they keep their grammatical errors to themselves..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girlie, I truly appreciate your support and always encouraging words :) Let's hope those nay-sayer's keep it to themselves! Ain't nobody got time for all that meanness ;) xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I think it's interesting that we can be confident in some areas of our lives, but not others. I'm most confident when I'm running or biking, or talking about these sports, but have a tendency to be less confident about other domains of my life. I think it would be flat out wrong to judge people or bring negativity into the blogging world. I have not seen this myself, but imagine it happens. I'm glad you have a voice and aren't afraid to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! Obviously we've never hung out in person, but I don't get that you'd be anything less than confident. I guess this post is mostly aimed at family and friends - sometimes they are our harshest critics. But I got some really great support when I posted this to my FB, I do have a great support system. Thanks for your kind words! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...