10 Day YOU Challenge - One Picture (of Yourself)

3:30 PM

Ganeeban...
In case you missed My 10 Secrets, My 9 Loves, My 8 Fears, My 7 WantsMy 6 PlacesMy 5 Foods, My 4 Books , My 3 Films , and My 2 Songs take a peek! This "challenge" comes from Kristen's at Glitter and Dust.


I guess it's perfectly fitting that the last part of the challenge is to show you a picture of myself. I mean, if you've spent any time on my blog you'll notice pictures of me, because I love myself think a face behind the blog gives a certain amount of context. Anywho, I love taking pictures of everything (sadly, selfies included) so there are tons on the blog. Sorry, tangent! So now, you get another picture of me. One that has some significant meaning to me...

1 Picture

I'd always toyed with the idea of a marathon, but I wasn't sure if I was committed to the idea. I'm not really sure when the "idea" became a "reality". Well, technically I do, when I registered and paid for my first marathon. After that, there was no turning back. I trained my butt off and went through the highs and lows of training. I enjoyed commiserating with Lil, who was also training simultaneously. We were running our first marathon together, not physically, but we'd both be doing it during the same race.

It was not my race at all. Coldest conditions in over 40 years or something silly like that. My body did not like it, but I had the most amazing support on the course. No words would do my family and friends justice, their support pushed me through some really, really tough miles!

This picture does not depict the entire situation. I'm smiling because I am finally done, but my body is hurting more than words can describe. I can barely walk to take this picture. I'm freezing and sweaty. But I'm so happy that I can now be called a "marathoner," even if I only run one ever in my entire life! I ran 26.2 miles. I did it and swear I wouldn't do it again. I must be crazy, but I'll get to add another identical picture in March of 2015.

I am a marathoner. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...