10 Day YOU Challenge - 4 Books

9:17 AM

I love to get lost in fiction...
In case you missed My 10 Secrets , My 9 Loves , My 8 Fears , My 7 WantsMy 6 Places  , and My 5 Foods take a peek! This "challenge" comes from Kristen's at Glitter and Dust. I absolutely love to get lost in a good book, anywhere. From my bed, to the couch, to a coffee shop, or my most favorite, the beach - a good book can calm any storm. I love getting lost in the words that the author was strung together to evoke emotion and thought from me. Everyone reads and interprets a story different and each time you re-read a book something new sticks out. That's why I love reading. I almost get obsessive when I read, I don't want to do anything but finish the book.

Although, I will admit, this one will be hard. I love reading, but I don't think I could say that many are my absolute favorite books, but I'll give it a try. These are four books that have had an impact in my love for reading over the years.

4 Books
1. Jane Eyre - I feel a little guilty, I haven't read this book in ages and I can't even find a hard copy in my book shelf. But if you were to ask me my favorite book, I'd say this one. From the first time I read this story, I was entranced, enthralled, and engrossed in the life of Jane. Charlotte Bronte did an amazing job making a piece of literature that is required reading during school, but still beyond fascinating. I'm going to buy and re-read this on my upcoming vacation!
Source

2. Freakonomics - In college, I loved to walk around the book store and swoop any book that looked interesting. I didn't care if it wasn't a required reading for one of my classes. I had heard about this book plenty, but I was never required to read it for a class. So, I took it upon myself to read it. It was so interesting, to see the author taking boring economics and apply them to social changes. I loved seeing where every hypothesis would end up. My absolute favorite part was Chapter 6: The socioeconomic patterns of naming children. I will never forget the story about the brother named Winner and the brother named Loser. I won't spoil it for you, but please go read it.

3. The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down - Another college read while I was taking my first English course at a local junior college. Let's just say, in high school, cliff notes and friends were how I went about reading a book. But something changed in college, I put my big girl underwear on and started reading the require books. What a shock, right? I remember the story being completely captivating, in between the chapters that were mostly historical references to how the Hmong family made their way to Merced, CA. "The collision of two cultures" might even be an understatement, but describes the book perfectly. Like my #1 pick, I haven't read this in a long time, but this is inspiring me to re-read this book again.

4. Love You Forever - All I have to say is "I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." I remember reading this story with my parents. Although it is centered around a little boy who grows into a man, the meaning of the story is not lost. I love this saying and it will always remind me of my parents.
Source

“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Reading is not something I will ever take for granted...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. As an elementary school teacher, Robert Munsch is one of my favourite authors! Love you forever always gets the students asking me questions and me crying, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a simple, yet amazing book! I've never read any of his other books. But it seems like they would be good gifts to give to my friend's kids soon. Thanks for the tip! xoxo, ganeeban

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...