WIAW - The Spectrum of Eats

8:56 AM

From "I'll never post that food pic on IG" to "I need that in my life right now" pic!
Peas and Crayons
Thanks, Jenn!
You can take your fancy food pics and shove them up...

I'm really not bitter or anything...I promise ;) I've noticed that when I eat out and snap pics, my meals look a thousand times better. When I try to concentrate on eating healthier and make/pack my meals....they look....well, how shall I say this politely...ugly! 

There's absolutely nothing fancy about what I ate yesterday, with the exception of dinner for the Bestest's birthday. Again, that was a meal consumed at a restaurant (or two), so of course it looks good.

I will say, that I notice as do all those close to me, I am always snapping pics before I eat. They are even conditioned to ask if I want to take a pic of their food or shared food, before they dive in. Sweet, right?! Or are they succumbing  to my obsession? It is sweet, but have I become this food picture obsessed friend? I guess so, I even justify it by saying I need to put it on my blog.

Another reason these photo's aren't always top notch, is because all images are shot on my iPhone. Not a fancy camera or run through Photoshop before added to my blog. Just me snapping a quick iPhone picture (or 10 until I get the right one).

So here it goes...my ugly eats on Tuesday, 7.8.14:

Breakfast - I actually had some time to make myself a breakfast with sustenance, not just toast w/ BP!

Breakfast Burrito turned taco: 1 Tortilla, 2 Egg Whites, 1 Slice of Turkey - shredded, 1/2 slice of Swiss Cheese, and 1/8 of an Avocado.
Coffee: Rice Milk & Raw Sugar
International Goodies - I did not eat these, but my co-worker from England brought these for me, what a sweet fella!

Caramel Butter Fudge Made with Cornish Sea Salt
Elizabeth Shaw Dark Chocolate Mint Flutes
Mug (not edible...hahaha)

Lunch - Ordered lunch for the office, so I treated myself too! Ate half the sandwich at lunch and the other half as my afternoon snack (3:30PMish).

Mr. Pickle's Midtown: The Mr. Pickle - Whole Wheat Roll, Chicken, Bacon, Cheese, Avocado, Tomato, and Onions.
SanPellegrino: Clementine Beverage

Afternoon Snack - Eaten before the 2nd half of my sandwich from lunch
The Nugget Market: Jicama
Dinner: The Bestest turned 31 yesterday, so her little cousin and I took her out to dinner at a new spot in town, Trick Pony. It took over a place I despised, so I'm really excited to try it AND because they claimed Sacramento didn't have good pizza and that's what their goal was. We had our own salads, but shared the pizzas. 

Apparently pizzas that are uncut are authentic, so that's how they serve them. We are so accustomed to our pizza's sliced and ready to eat, we weren't sure how we felt about these. I know, as the cutter, I wasn't a fan...it took some serious elbow grease! It should also be noted that they've had their soft opening and are still working out the kinks and seeing what works. We were the only people in there for a good 25 minutes or so. We chatted with the the lone server, April, and the chef, and the various sous chefs that were working! It was a chill environment, I'm just not sure how they will survive with only 5 pizza's on the menu...

Cesar Salad: Red Romaine Hearts, Classic Caesar Dressing and a Parmesan Crisp
Summer Salad (Salad du Jour): Peaches, Baby Spinach, Arugula, and Ricotta Cheese
Pepperoni: Tomato sauce, pepperoni, buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, ADD Sausage
Bianca: Buffalo mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic
Half Carafe of the Malbec
Trick Pony // Cesar Salad
Trick Pony // Salad of the Day
Trick Pony // Pepperoni Pizza + Sausage
Trick Pony // Bianca
Trick Pony // Dipping Sauces // Something Spicy & Pesto
Dinner AGAIN: HAHA! Following local eateries on IG and/or FB had some advantages and some disadvantages. As if I wasn't already enamored with Bacon week, Sacramento had to go and establish a BLT week! Geez, how am I supposed to get bikini ready for Hawaii? My mouth was salivating at an IG post by @Broderick1983, I even tagged the Bestest in the picture. So, after eating at Trick Pony, I suggested we go to Broderick to try the Pop Tart and continue the party. She was all in and so this happened...
 
Almond Bacon BLT Pop Tart: Scratch made "Pop Tart," stuffed with almond, bacon, arugula, tomato. Served with bourbon butterscotch sauce, tomato syrup.
Bacon Mac-n-Cheese: Made with bleu, Gruyere, aged white & cheddar cheeses, applewood smoked bacon; topped with Parmesan & even more bacon. Grilled to crispy perfection.
Broderick // BLT Almond Pop Tart
Broderick // Bacon Mac-n-Cheese (Regular menu staple item)
It could be uglier...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...