Thinking Out Loud - Ramblings For Sure

10:05 AM

I literally had to stop from writing a 5 Things Friday post...


Thinking-Out-Loud
Amanda at .RUNNING WITH SPOONS.
It's only Thursday, huh? I guess since all of America has Friday off, I feel like today is Friday. Yay for a 3.5 day weekend. 0.5 you ask, yes, my lovely, awesome, super cool company let's us out after half of the day (usually) on the day before a big Holiday! Although, we are implementing a new ERP system, so I'm not sure this will be the case. I'm really, really, really hoping so - because I have a hair appointment scheduled at 1PM! No, we are the state or a government job, so we don't get all those extra fun holiday's...but I'll take what I can get :)

World Cup - I'm gutted that the Mens national team didn't make it past their game with Belgium on Tuesday. I'm even more gutted that I had a meeting that I couldn't get out of and had to miss most of the game. After my lunch meeting (who does that during WC season) I ran home to catch 30 minutes of the 2nd half. I felt like I would get into trouble if I took a full hour, as my lunch break, so I came back and tried to stream the game. But you know how that goes, watching soccer and working are pretty hard to do at the same time :/
Business CASUAL!
GIRGIT - If you aren't familiar with that acronym it means "Get it Right Get it Tight" which is what mode I will be in for my upcoming Hawaii trip with my family in September. Just enough time to not burn out on being super healthy and watching my food intake, and just enough time to see the difference if I can shed some lbs!
Me so excited!
Long Weekend - It's going to be busy one, but I'm excited. Since GIRGIT starts on Monday, I will be sinning out this weekend, on food! We also have some fun stuff planned and I also have a family day tomorrow! Should be a great weekend, busy, but great!

Grandparents - Hug them, tell them you love them, but most of ALL spend time with them. For those of us who don't have any left on this Earth, we would pay anything to do this just ONE MORE TIME with them! All four grandparents are in Heaven, watching over me and my family...probably laughing and shaking their heads. Tomorrow is the anniversary of Poppa Bear's Mom's passing. So we celebrate her tomorrow, while also celebrating 'Merica, but really tomorrow is about her and the Ganeeban clan! 

Carne Asada Fries - I'm glad I only learned about this delicacy only about a little over a year ago. I'm sure I've heard of them in passing, but once they touch your lips you are done for. You will workout to eat these lovely, smothered in goodness fries!
Oscar's Very Mexican Food // Sacramento, CA // Carne Asada Fries
Yosemite - Did you know it was Yosemite's 150th birthday? Social Media took over and made sure they celebrated the milestone birthday in style, with a contest of course. I didn't win, but I did post my pics from when I climbed Half Dome with the girls. Looking back on those pics made me realize I'm excited for our annual Girls Hiking trip this year. Place is TBD, but our weekend is locked down, which is what matters the most!
Yosemite Girls Hiking Trip
The only one out of the group who made it to the top, cables and all!
November Project Sac - It was really awesome to walk up to a larger, than normal, group! It was nice to also coerce a friend who was already working out, to join us! Also, we're going to plan our first low-key social with the group and I think that will be super fun. 
#NP_SMF // 7.2.14
Midtown - If you're going to workout at 5:30AM, you should at least have fun while doing it!
Pumped for the USMNT WC game!
My Coach > Your Coach // And Chubby Chubby about to roll out!
Puttin' in work and Big Blue photo bombing!
This Thursday will be better than most Thursday's (I hope)....

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I don't have any grandparents left either, and the saddest thing is that I never really got to know mine too well since they were all in Poland. My mom and dad are pretty much the only family I have on this side of the ocean... everyone else is in Europe. Sad times! But it makes the three of us super close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry girl, it sucks (especially when I notice friends who don't take advantage of what they have)! Wow, all the way in Poland...that's neat, but also a bummer. Wow, at least you have both of your parents, that's more than some people can say. I guess we just have to count our blessings, whatever they are :) Happy 4th!

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a great long weekend! I've never heard of GIRGIT until now....I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We always say it, but that's the first time I've put an acronym to it ;)

      Delete
  3. Which island are you going to in Hawaii? Have you been before? I absolutely LOVE Hawaii. My husband and I are going to the big island in February – so far away but something to look forward to (and plenty of time for GIRGIT). I was sad about the WC game too. Your shirt is super cute. Way to represent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to Oahu this year. Yes, I've been about 8 times, total, I think! Yes, LOVE the 808 and I wish I could live there :) Oh, I've never been to the BIG island before - I'm looking forward to your posts (even though it seems like forever away)! Ugh, yeah, still love watching the WC, but it's lost a little of it's luster now that our boys are out :/ Have a great week Kristen!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...