5 Things Friday - 5 x 3 = The Weekend

11:44 AM

Short and simple today!
Busy weekend, but sadly no World Cup to watch or discuss :(

5 Things I'll be Doing this Weekend
1. Team Hot Mess will be competing in the Eppie's Great Race (Triathlon) - 4th time, I believe.
2. (Hoping) Going to Old Sugar Mill - 9 wineries in one location, score!
3. Workout at Midtown S/C
4. The Boy's nieces birthday party
5. Poolside (hopefully after #4) lounging!


5 Things I ate This Week
1. 2 Street tacos from the taco truck that comes to work. Don't judge, it's bomb!

2. Homemade Salad - Organic Greens, chicken (from the (other) Asian/Mexican truck at work), croutons, avo, and balsamic vinaigrette. 

3. Homemade Salad - Greens, strawberries, sliced almonds, chicken, and balsamic vinaigrette.

4. Hot Food from Whole Foods & Homemade Veggies - A fancier flare on a sloppy Joe (can't remember the name), Roasted Tomato and Caramelized Onion Mac-n-Cheese, and a veggie mix - yellow squash, squash, and asparagus sauteed with garlic.

5. Untoasted Bagel, second time around, because the Boy burnt my first bagel :(


5 Things that Scare Me About Telling My Friends & Family About my Blog
*Some know about it, but I'm talking about putting a link on my FB, IG, and Twitter to really give them access to what I've written/been writing...
1. Pure, unadulterated judgment.
2. Mocking, teasing, and being mean about what they read.
3. If anyone is offended by what I say and it causes tension/issue/fight with a friend or family member.
4. Being vulnerable, my thoughts that I spew here are for the most part kept between me and anonymous readers, besides the nice ladies that comment on my posts! {Thanks, I love reading comments!!}
5. Judgement (again)!

** I'm getting close and closer to outing myself, but I'm not fully there yet. Those close to me know it's there, and possibly read it (even though I ask them not too), so it's the other people I know that I'm more worried about...I guess. I don't know why I feel so vulnerable or that they will judge me, I just do.. This "5 Things" is inspired because I saw a fellow runner friend post that he was doing something brave, if I remember correctly he quit his job to follow his passion, and it inspired me to share my blog with my world (aka, my friends and family). Does not compare at all, other than it is doing something that is out of your comfort zone, but that's about it!

Thanks for reading my continual randomness...

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Happy Friday! Yum, legit street tacos are the BEST! :)

    Besides people on Twitter, a very small group of my fam & friends know about my blog and I like to keep it that way too. I know what you mean about feeling like you'll be judged or whatever BUT this is YOUR blog and you can write whatever YOU want! If the people closest to you don't support you or make fun of your blog, then they're def not friends. You're a great writer and I enjoy your posts! Don't forget, you still have your faithful readers for support! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Thanks for your vote of confidence. I'm sure within the next two weeks I will make the plunge and do it. I'm sure I'm over thinking it, too. Yes, I completely agree. The people that mock it and do not support it will NOT be important people in my life. The vulnerability of it all still scares me, but that's a huge reason of why I think I should do it. I'm not super confident in my writing, but I enjoy it. Thank you, again, for your sweet words and encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Yay, happy weekend!

    mmm to street tacos!

    I really enjoy reading your blog and recently I was chatting with a fellow friend/blogger who reminded me that it's like my little space and if people don't like it they can just 'buzz off!' LOL. I felt like I needed to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope your weekend was great too! Thanks for reading and your sweet words, I appreciate it! Seriously. There are a select few, who if find out, I'm sure will mock me endlessly...those are the one's I don't want to deal with :( Oh well, I am proud of what I write in my little part of the blog world so screw it!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...