10 Day Y-O-U Challenge

8:17 AM

Challenge accepted!
I've been following Kristen at Glitter and Dust for awhile. Last Friday she posted a challenge that her and some of her fellow blogger friends were partaking in. They are posting every Friday, but I've decided to go Maverick and post mine on Tuesdays. It really is a "weekly series," but goes by a the name "day'. Semantics! As if I don't already spill my guts out on here, here's another way to do so...

10 Secrets About Me
1. The Bestest and I discuss our daily bowel movements on a regular basis. Whether it is a text, an actual convo, an email, or via g-chat, we both know when it happens for each other! Okay, we don't share pictures or anything, that's totally crossing the line. We do, however, have a dedicated emoji to our topic at hand. We laugh about it and congratulate each other daily.

2. Lately I've reflect on my 9 or so years of being single (not in a true relationship). I used to always say I wanted to be in a relationship and find someone, but now that I really sit back and look at it. I don't think I really wanted that. Yes, companionship, but not an actual relationship. I think it was the time I needed to become the person I am. Learn who I am, what makes me happy, and what I deserve when it comes to all aspects of a relationship. By no means do I have this nailed down, but I learn more and more as the days go on.

3. I don't always feel like I'm the best older sister or daughter. I've made some very poor decisions and both my parents and my Lil always seem to bail me out. I'm grateful that they can and DO, but at some point I need to get my shit together and be an adult!

4. I wonder if I'll ever find a career/position that I can do for 20+ years. It seems after the 1 year mark I tend to get bored. If I could blog about my life and running/working out...AND get paid..I think that would be IT. But we all know that isn't going to happen. At 31, when people ask me what my dream job is, I still can't answer it. This does not mean I am not content with my current position, it just means that this isn't my perfect world job!

5. I have looked at the Boy's ex's social media. Phew! That feels good to admit out loud. I have admitted this to him. AND I am not proud of this, but at least I can be honest about it. I know I should not pay any attention to what I see on there, but it gets to me for sure. So some advice, if you're looking for it, STOP...don't do it! It only feeds into your insecurities and/or can add to the fire (of whatever is going on)! I could care less if anyone looks at my stuff, but for my sanity I should have never looked. At least I can admit it, even if you judge me, it's now out in the open...
 
6. I'm confident and insecure all at once. I can walk around in whatever I please, but I'm still completely insecure about my body. I don't mind sporting a bikini in the summer months, but I will put down my body the first chance I get. I work out plenty, but it never seems enough. I don't think anyone is 100% confident in anything, but even 50% is hard to attain.

7. I spend an obscene (in my little budget) amount on being a girl. I'm too vain not too! Hair, nails, and waxing. Regular rotation appointments add up, week after week, month after month, and year after year. I'm just not one of those girls that feels comfortable going au natural. Yes, I'll dab a bit of make up on before a race. Yes, sometimes I go out of the house without my hair or "face" done, but I pray hope that I don't see anyone I know! I know, vain as can be!

8. I pee in the shower, more than I'd like to admit! This is SOO TMI, but I feel like if I hid this in here, then I've admitted to my crime! Yeah, it's gross, but I do. Don't judge me please ;)

9. I used to want 2 sets of twins, no joke. Ask anyone from high school, I always used to say that and joke about it. Now I don't even know if I want one kid. I love my friends kids and my nieces and nephews, but as I get older, I get scared of what I have to give up to have my own. Yes, super selfish. I know I'm good with children, but what happens when you can't hand them back? Then I see all the adorable things they do and how I want a home filled with people. I'm not really sure. Maybe one, maybe none...

10. I cuss more than a lady should! Nothing more to say about that, other than if we ever hang out in real life, just remember this...

I guess the cat's out of the bag!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am the exact same way about confidence and insecurity. It’s almost as if I want to be (and try to act) confident in myself and who I am, but I am very insecure in many ways. I worry too much about what other people think and wish I could just stop that nonsense. I’m a work in progress.

    I can also relate to your feelings about having kids. I have always wanted twins, but am SO fearful about having kids and how my life will change. As an only child, I grew up around adults and never was around babies. They make me nervous, but everyone says it’s different when it’s your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You couldn't have put it any better!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there with some of these thoughts. I'm actually not nervous around kids at all, I think it's just me being selfish with my time and money. I'm sure it will change, I just don't have the "baby itch" that some of my friends have ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...