5 Things Friday

12:32 PM

All over the damn place...
My life feels like its all over the damn place, since I landed in Sacramento on Wednesday! I had a direct flight that stopped in San Diego, but I didn't have to change plans. So, of course I turned on my phone to re-connect with the social media world...only to find out that my Dad was in the Emergency Room (not on social media, haha). I couldn't get a hold of either parent or the Lil, so I was hopeless. I had minimal information and wasn't sure I'd have a ride home.

Needless to say, 7 days in NOLA, then home to this news has been a whirlwind the last few days. Dad is okay and not really in any pain, but the doctors still cannot figure out what's wrong with him. It's been 2.5 days since he's been there and I'm hoping he gets out today!

All that being said, my mind has been not very focused lately. 

5 Things GOOD about a Work Trip
1. You're not in the office.
2. Your food (and some booze) is paid for.
3. Exploring new (sometimes) cities and/or areas.
4. Meeting new people.
5. Making a mini vacation out of it!

5 Things BAD about a Work Trip
1. Packing.
2. You seem to work more than a regular work day or at least it feels like it.
3. Having to adjust your regular routine to fit into an irregular schedule - i.e. workouts, runs.
4. All the unread emails and unheard voice mails that await your return to your desk, especially when you don't have a work phone!
5. Unpacking and doing laundry when you return.

5 Things I'm Grateful FOR!
1. My parents! Blessed they are both alive and here with me!
2. The Lil - she is the best sister a girl could hope for!
3. The Boy - he's supportive, caring, thoughtful, and makes me smile constantly!
4. My Bestest - she's always there to help my family and I, listen and be my sound board, and make me laugh with her silly antics!
5.  To be alive, have a job (that is enjoyable), be able to feed my ever hungry belly, and that my body allows me to do the things I push it to do!

5 Things that Happened this Week
1. I ate, I saw, I drank, I walked, and I sweated through New Orleans!

Earning beads w/out having to earn them :)
2. I bought a non-brand name workout shirt with the best saying on it :) Thanks Etsy!

Best new workout gear ever!
3. The USMNT moved on to the next round, despite a bittersweet loss to Germany. And I was able to rock my cute new headband from Headbands of Hope, in support of our team - Red, White, and Blue!

#IBelieveThatWeWillWIN
4. I actually bought a book in a store - I haven't done this in a LONG time, thanks to Amazon!

Flights go by faster if you read!
5. First Sacramento Republic FC game at the new Bonney Field...finally!

SCFC vs SAZ
5 Things I Did for Exercise this Week
1. Run down Bourbon Street.

Just chillin' on Bourbon!
2. Run around the French Quarter.

4 Touristy Miles
3. Workout at the hotel Gym.

You work with what you've got!
4. Walked countless (because tracking your walking5. Crashed the NOLA NP's group on my last day of my trip!

Run - Stairs - Run!
5 Things Off the Cuff1. Honesty is always the best policy.
2. Seeing someone in the hospital, even if they aren't really in pain, is a heart wrenching feeling.
3. Guilt because of not running a race is weighing me down...I wish I could let it GO!
4. I really, really, really don't want to unpack, but I do LOVE doing laundry (don't judge me)!
5. Chromecast is not as easy as it seems.

Scattered, in a beautiful way...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ok- 5 comments for your 5 Things Friday:
    1) First of all, hope your Dad feels better! *Hugs*
    2) I love 'Nawlins! The food- OMG. So awesome that you got to run there too!
    3) Cute tank! "Leg Day" is actually my fave day when I have to lift. :).
    4) Cool headband- do they stay put when you workout? Yay! Team USA!
    5) I know what you mean about feeling guilty about not running a race. It's ok. No race for me in June either! :(
    Have a fab weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chica! Thanks for the love x5!! Thanks, Poppa Bear should be out of a procedure soon, can't wait to give him a hug! As for the headband, I don't think I'd use that specific one for a workout - they do have workout ones too! #5 - I did pay for a race, but the Lil's BF is going to run it for me - I don't feel like traveling 2+ hours tonight/tomorrow for the race! Have a great weekend too and Run Happy!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...