Trifecta Overload! - FPP // Fit Momma Friday // 5 Things Friday

10:04 AM

So much to talk about today....

Food. Momma. Friday. 

Food

http://www.theleangreenbean.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/FPP-post.jpg
The Lean Green Bean
Reveal Day! Today is the D-A-Y for May! Everyone gets to share their Foodie Penpals by Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean!  If you didn't see my post from my first EVER FPP, please feel free to get more info!

I had a great time in April, I decided to do it again for May. However, I think I'm going to do it every other month. It's fun, but the time goes by so quickly - both times I shipped my package a day late. Sorry, Lindsay! So, to be a good FPP, I will partake every other month, so I don't lose the joy in it and so I make sure that I follow the rules like a good gal should!

Given that I've only done this twice, I don't have much to go on. But, with all three FPP's each experience has been different. This go around, I met Alexis! This was her first ever FPP, so we were basically both newbies. Alexis and I corresponded for a few days and thought it would be fun to theme our treats. So with that said I went with it. In addition, we also decided to send a family recipe with our packages.

Off to OH! So, last time I didn't quite follow the rules either. I took a picture of what I sent and posted it, but I will not do this this time. But, I will say that my theme became "snacks". I loosely based this on the notion that since my recipe was a cookie, a cookie is a snack. So I bought one item on the recipe list and then bought a bunch of other random snacks to go along with it. Of course, all goodies were compliments of the Sacramento Co-Op, with the exception of the brand spankin' new flavor of Blue Diamond almonds I sent her (shameless work plug)! I chose Momma Bear's famous Coconut Oatmeal Cookies to share with Alexis, these cookies are a hit wherever my mom takes them!

The Goods! Just like last month, I received my goodies on a Saturday. My Saturday snail mail is non-existent, so this was a special surprise to find on my doorstep! I was a little overly, giddy to see what I got. 

Sadly, to my surprise, there was light brown powder everywhere. I didn't even notice it on the outside of the box, until after I opened it. Turns out, we both sent each other cookie recipes. She sweetly measured out all the dry ingredients and put it in a huge mason jar, which is what was the culprit of said loose powder covering everything!
May FPP
My poor FPP box!
So sad to see the broken mason jar!
Great Value // Maraschino Cherries
Carnation // Sweetened Condensed Milk
Homemade Envelop // Sweet Handwritten Letter // Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies Recipe
I absolutely love that she took the time to write me tons in her letter. She told me all about herself, which was fun to learn! Alexis is also very into being Pen Pals too, she sent me a pre-addressed envelope if I chose to continue being pen pals with her. I haven't written her back as of yet (bad FPP), but I have every intention too. She seems sweet and who doesn't love receiving snail mail from someone?!?


I'll be taking a break for June, but I'll be back with vengeance good FPP giving skills in July!

Momma
Every time I hear that word, I instantly think of the Boys to Men song, don't you? I'm soooo excited to to share her awesome story with you. Thanks to Cori @ Olive to Run I found Carly @ Fine Fit Day via Twitter:
Where it all started.
After my tweet, it all went uphill from there! Carly has been amazing and excitedly said she would accept my nomination of Momma Bear for Fit Mama Friday! Please go visit Carly's blog and learn about my amazing Momma Bear and her recent fitness journey!

Madre y yo!
5 Things Friday
Just because I threw a lot at you already, doesn't mean I can forget this weekly ritual...
I'll keep it short and sweet for ya...if you're still reading at this point!

1. While you are reading this I am currently in So Cal, in the process of a RUNcation with one of my best friends, her hubby, and their cute little love bug. The three of us are running the Rock-n-Roll SD Half Marathon AND not one of us has properly trained for it!
2. I'm beginning to, dare I say it, enjoy action movies. I won't go on my own accord, but I don't mind them when they are over.
3. I'm taking a running hiatus after these last two races, and any other ones I've signed up for - with the exception of signing up for my 2nd marathon in 2015 and a race in Hawaii. I'm going to find my joy of running again!
4. I hate that I'm stressing over this race. I'm completely unprepared and want to enjoy the race, but we ALL know what happens come race day. I will more than likely, end up racing it hard or until I hit complete exhaustion...
5. I can't wait to eat all the good things So Cal has to offer!

Comin' at you live from the Whale's Vagina!!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. - That Foodie Pen Pal sounds like my kind of thing! Sorry that you had that jar break in there! :(
    - Your Momma is AMAZING! Love your guest post and glad that your parents are taking steps to a healthier lifestyle. You and your sis are awesome for encouraging them. Love that you guys are a fit fam!
    - Good luck at Rock & Roll San Diego! Despite not training for it, have fun and enjoy it! I'm sure you'll do great!

    Have a great weekend and can't wait to hear about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all the love! Yes, good thing about FPP is that you can try it once and never do it again OR keep it going OR do it every other month like I plan too :) Thanks, she is pretty amazing and I'm lucky to call her Mom! RnR went as good as I could have hoped, re-cap up soon! Thanks for always stopping by, it means a lot!

      Delete
  2. That jar breaking is just ... heartbreaking! (no pun intended) You've convinced me to try out the foodie pen pals!

    p.s. you and your momma are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Keep me posted on how it goes, cause I know you'll love it. And if you don't, there is no long-term commitment ;( Thanks, she's pretty cool!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...