WIAW - Veggie Week Style

10:17 AM

And by that, I mean I'm eating veggies chips...ALLLLL week :)

Peas and Crayons
Thanks, Jenn!

So now that Lent's over, I've taken to eating chips with abandon! No...literally, eating them with every meal. I might, possibly have eaten some before 10AM two days in a row. I will not confirm or deny this, but just throwing out the possibility that this could have happened this week!


So I'm guessing if you're reading this and your new to the blog, then you're fairly new to my random habits. So, feel free to peruse my post on Veggie Week! Cliff Notes: for one week out of the month I eat vegetarian. For a lack of a better way to describe it, I don't eat anything "with a face." Not vegan, just vegetarian. I've been doing it for years, so it's nothing new to me. But each month, it is still a challenge...and this week is no different. Especially because I didn't prep correctly and grocery shop accordingly.


Oh well, here's just a few things I've indulged on this week, veggie style!!

So far, every breakfast has and probably will include:
Image Source


Lunches have been on the fly and nothing has been homemade as of yet:
Monday - Sac Co-Op // Fruit Stand Smoothie, Kettle Chips, && Salad Bar Goodness
Tuesday - Starbucks // Moz & Tom Sando & Evolution Defense Up Drink && Gluten Free Store // Chips


Evening delights, aka dinners, have been fairly random as well. Nothing really planned, just kinda going with the veggie flow:

Monday // One of my fave chains!!
Tuesday // Veggie Stir Fry compliments of the Bestest post swoledate!

Here's a little veggie/carb funny to brighten up your Hump Day, Happy Eating :)
Source // FB
Being vegetarian for 7 days is hard...

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I want to hear more about these veggie weeks! Do you have a post about it somewhere?

    Oh, and I laughed way too hard at that pasta joke :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joke is so cheesy, its hilarious. And yes, I laughed a little too much when I read it too...so post worthy!!!

      As for VW, I do have a post about it. In this post you can click the link. However, I can break it down real simple. Every month, (approx.) the third week from Sunday to Saturday I eat completely vegetarian. No beef, chicken, pork, or fish. I do however eat eggs. It started when my dad had open heart surgery and I wanted to see if there was something small I could change. If you add it up, its 3 months (in total) of eating veggie.

      Thanks for reading! Let me know if you try veggie week! My friends and family love me, but they still relentlessly make fun of my silly habit!! haha!

      Delete
  2. That's so good that you do a veggie week! I did that for Holy Week. Can you believe that I was a vegetarian for 8 years?! Yes, 8. What happened? I met a boy. Haha! I'm glad that I've incorporated meat back into my diet though. I was a "junk vegetarian" (yes, there is such a thing) and ate way too many unhealthy stuff (i.e fried). I've also had the opportunity to try so much delicious food from my travels that had meat so I have a better appreciation for food and culture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 8 years?! I can't barely get through 7 days, let along one full month! I completely followed a "junk vegetarian" when I first started. Luckily, I've gotten better and not just lived on carbs and mac-n-cheese for 7 days! I actually eat salads and grilled veggies. The tofu/soy products have been an interesting story to get through, a lot of trial and error. Glad to be able to have fellow part-time veggie-ers like myself :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...