Thinking out Loud - Fo(u)r Real...

11:43 AM

Though she be but little, she is fierce...

Thinking-Out-Loud
Amanda at .RUNNING WITH SPOONS.
And by "she" I am referring to my post. Short and sweet, my friends! Especially since last weeks was fairly wordy!

1. November Project - I know I write about this a lot, but I'm proud to be a part of it! Since we are always trying to increase our attendees, we thought we'd change up our meeting location. However, along with this change came a huge traffic issue in Sacramento. They are doing huge construction on one of the busiest connectors on the freeway. So, no matter where we host NP SMF, getting there could be rough for people. The new spot is gorgeous. It's called the River Walk, and it has a mixture of stairs and a running path, with some unnoticeable hills. We had a great time for our first time and everyone enjoyed the stairs and changing up or scenery! For now, we will keep it here. Hopefully the Fix50 won't hurt our movement!

River Walk
Workin' on their cakes!
NP SMF @ the River Walk
2. Meltdown - So, they say when you turn 30 your body changes. Well, I'm 31 and I've noticed a few. My eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be. That is really the only change I noticed, until recently. I seriously don't know what happened, but my hormones decided to take over and be mean to me. I was crazy emotional, a few tears might have even been shed. And also, I have the worst lower back pain I have ever had - I'm pretty sure this isn't workout/fitness related. [TMI] It is also a week before Aunt Flow is even supposed to start. So, I have no idea what is going on. I'm not generally an emotional person, probably to a fault, but it hit me and it hit me hard. I knew that I didn't really feel that way, but something took over and I was a mess. Thank goodness, literally, for girlfriends who are understanding, nonjudgmental, and there no matter what. It takes a lot (for me) to be vulnerable, especially in front of people, but they made me feel okay and even more importantly made me laugh when I was down!

3. Cheating - I must confess. I went to a new gym and I feel like I cheated on Midtown! I double dipped on Tuesday, I feel dirty ;) The Bestest has been going to Fitness Rangers and she kept asking if I wanted to join her. You can go to one Boot Camp session for free. I finally committed to going with her and it just happened to be after the hardest Midtown class ever (in the AM)! At FR you have to sign up for your classes on-line, which was a little different. But I guess it's better than showing up and getting turned away because the class is full. It wasn't bad at all, but it also wasn't my favorite. I felt like I was working out in "da club". They dim the lights. Have you ever tried running on a tready in near darkness? Not my ideal situation. Also, the instructor yells at you a lot. That's also not my thing. I'm a grown woman, I don't need someone yelling at me. The workout was great and Megan was nice, but I think I'll stick with Midtown from here on out! I appreciate and love a good, free workout. So, thanks FR!

4. Family - I have a fairly large family (on Poppa Bear's side) and I love our holiday's together. They are always filled with laughter, love, and good food. There are plenty of characters that make up this family, but for the most part everyone gets along great. They are the most warm, loving bunch of people you'll ever meet. I know a lot of people say this, but I truly believe this. We welcome new people in very easily - neighbors, family friends, new significant others, etc. I know they've had a lot to do with the woman/person I've become and I'm forever grateful to all of them. I can only hope to carry on their legacy of family, as our grandparents have taught them and passed down to us!
The Ganeeban Clan
5. Beach Craving - Pretty much like a food craving. I want the sand in my toes and the salt in my hair. The Boy and I looked at our calendars and the soonest we have a free weekend is in June. Sounds so far away, but I can't wait :)

Sometimes Thinking Out Loud is like a weekly therapy session, that I didn't even know I needed....

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. LOVE! I was actually at the river walk a few weeks ago with my youngest running on the trail there. I would LOVE to come run and support team Sacramento for the November Project... but am unable to attend the morning workouts (unless I want to wake the 3 boys and bring them with me) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can push one of the three ;) That would be a great upper body workout! Haha :) Yes, I need to take advantage of the RW more often! Well, if you have a chance you should follow us on FB - November Project SMF, we're hoping to add more workouts and events too! We'd love to have you out there!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...