Thinking out Loud - Numero Tres

3:42 PM

Randomness at its finest!


Thinking-Out-Loud
Amanda at .RUNNING WITH SPOONS.

I think I love doing this because I get to be completely random! I don't have to focus or write on a specific topic, which I do enjoy, but let's be honest, being random is much easier...

1. Eczema - if this is what is going on, then ugh! I just want it to go away. Luckily my skin tone helps to hid it, but I it makes me feel self conscious and itchy as hell :( Sorry, rant over - I know there are plenty of people in this world that have worse problems than me!


TMi // Small flare-up of my Eczema :(

2. Frozen - yesterday Frozen was released on DVD and I think I saw 5,000 posts of the cover of the DVD on IG and FB! It was enough to get me to add "Going to Target for Frozen" to my to-do list tonight. While I'm talking about stuff on my TV, we just started the show "Orange is the New Black". We finished 2 episodes and I can't wait to watch more, it lived it up to all its glory.

Source // Amazon

http://kjswanson.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/orange-is-the-new-black-poster.jpg
Thanks Netflix

3. Cal Poly - Proudest alumna in the 916! Glad the 'Stangs officially made it into the big dance. Now they have to place the #1 seed, Wichita, and will more than likely lose - unless their Cinderella story continues. I'm okay if they lose, as long as they play their hearts out and leave it on the court. I couldn't be prouder to be a Cal Poly alum right now. I'm excited to cheer them on and wish I was participating in a March Madness bracket, just to put Cal Poly as one of my choices!


Source // ESPN Facebook


4. November Project SMF - I'm glad we finally were accepted by the November Project, even if our tribe is considerably smaller than all of the other 14 cities. They have faith in us and we are working hard to build our tribe. The last two weeks have been the first time since we've done more than running. They haven't been the intense workouts that NP seems to promote, but I know they will get there. We are trying to figure things out, but I hope we can grow our tribe. Secretly, I'm scared if we don't grow the tribe, what will the co-founders of NP do with us...

Our first official NP workout!
Week 2 Workout

5. Dirrrrrty - As an ambassador for the Go Dirty Girl series, I finally get to participate in the mud run this Saturday. With some really cool girls and my Momma, I might add. I haven't done a mud run in probably over a decade, so I'm pretty excited to get all muddy and get my tomboy on :) There is a post race cocktail that I will be enjoying as well! 


3/22/14 - Sacramento Raceway - Go Dirty Girl Sacramento Mud Run
 
6. Typography & Quotes - I'm such a junkie for these two things. I really should have studied graphic design in college. I love seeing quotes on Twitter and then making an IG with them or scouring dumb Pinterest and finding cute ones. I've always been a quote junkie, but now with all the free apps on the iPhone I can fancy them up all by myself or just re-post them if they are cute enough ;)

Source // Pinterest
Made by yours truly...

7. Veggie Week - I'm not sure if my stomach issues are stemming from my skin reaction or if that is something separate. But my stomach has been acting weird lately and I'm not really eating any differently. This VW has really sucked, for some reason, I just can't pinpoint it. I haven't fallen subject to cheating, but chicken just sounds so much better than veggies and tofu. I've also been eating a lot of bars lately...


Nugget Market // Beautifier
Ju Hachi // Agadashi
Ju Hachi // Veggie Fried Rice
Frank Fats // Garlic Lo Mien

Quick Breakfast // Vega Choco Protein PB Oatmeal & Belvita
PF Chang's // Coconut Curry
Lunch // Vita Coco & Spinach, Tomato, and Mozz Calzone
 
8. Writing a Letter That Won't be Read for Years -  One of my good friends made an e-mail account for her 2 month old. As silly as it sounds, it's genius! She sent us the email and asked us to send letters and/or pictures whenever we want. She will organize them for her and then she can read them when she's old enough to read. I decided to send her one. No clear thoughts as to what I was going to say, just started purging thoughts, wisdom, and ideas to Baby Girl. It's hard to write something for a 2 month old, especially because I have no idea when she will actually read the email - if ever. I hope she does, I want her to know all the things a pre-teen/teenage girl should know that I've learned along the lines. This idea of setting up the email is so foreign to me, but I think it's an amazing idea. My friend is awesome and such a good Mom/Step-Mom!!


Baby Girl, so many things I hope to teach you..


I always feel better when I verbal purge myself on Thursdays :)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I haven't had the chance to head out and buy Frozen yet, but it's definitely on my to-do list. I saw it in theatres when it came out, and thought it was super sweet. And speaking of super sweet, your friend's idea to write letters to her baby girl just melts my heart. I've heard of people keeping little pregnancy diaries, but never writing e-mails. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was weird (at first), but then I realized how cool it can be. Hope you were able to get Frozen :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen Frozen or Orange is the New Black, but both are on my list. I just started watching House of Cards and may have to go back and forth between that and ONB. Glad to hear it lives up to all the hype. I love the idea of writing letters that won't be read for years. I might have to do this for my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding a show I haven't seen before and the entire season is on Netflix, nothing like instant gratification. House of cards is definitely one that I had my eye on after ONB. You should do that for the Hubs, I bet he would enjoy reading them - maybe you could each write one for big anniversaries and then read them when you hit that milestone (random thought/idea). Oh and please, go watch Frozen...its super cute and you'll be singing the songs for the rest of the day :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...