Liebster Love

10:44 AM

Blogger love is real...

Liebster Award

The wonderful world of blogging has yet again, introduced me to something new. The sweet Ron over at Running From Debt nominated me for a Liebster Award. I'm not quite sure exactly what it is, but I know it's to help new bloggers get their blog new exposure. So, thank you kindly Ron, I appreciate your nomination!


Since Ron was nominated by a fellow blogger, he answered 11 questions she posed to him. Now, in turn, I get to answer 11 of his questions. Then...I get to nominate a few bloggers and the cycle continues. Seems fun, so here we go!


1. When was the first time you experienced the “Runner’s High”?
This is a toughie! I am not quite sure, but every time I do experience a RH it reminds me that I do actually like to run. It reminds me that the bad runs that happen aren't always going to happen. I wish I could bottle up a RH or a post workout high and sell it, I'd be rich :)
 
2. Do you listen to music during your runs, and if so, what’s your push-through-the-wall song?
I haven't listened to music during my runs in over a year. When I did listen to music, Kanye West always got me motivated to run a little harder. Anything I can sing-a-long too makes my run easier, it distracts me when I'm struggling and makes me smile when I feel good.

3. What is your favorite race of all time and why?
I haven't done a lot of racing or traveled a lot for racing, so I'd have to say I love the Sacramento Zoo Zoom and any trail race. The ZZ is a quick 10k, but the bonus is that you can wander around the Sacramento Zoo after. This race always has a positive vibe and I enjoy supporting our local Zoo. As for trail racing, I love it all. I'm for sure a newbie to the sport, but I enjoy the people, the challenge, and the reward. Trail runners are a different breed, although quite quirky, I enjoy it and want to sign up for more races!


4. What is the best thing about running in an organized race?
That I'm racing. I'm very goal oriented, so it makes me train harder when I know I have a race. I think the volunteers are amazing and I'm grateful to see them lined on the streets of the course. Sometimes, usually not, but sometimes the goodies after the race are pretty good. I'm normally don't stay, but a KIND bar and some water always make me smile after a race! 
 
5. Speed or Endurance?
Speed, because I know it helps my endurance. Although I openly dread my speed workouts, I've seen my race times get better and better by incorporating my speed workouts. I hate them while I'm doing them, but I know they work.


6. What is your favorite pre-race meal?
Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. But, for real, a medium cup of coffee and a sesame bagel toasted with butter. I wouldn't necessarily say it's my favorite, but it works just right for my body during a race. I'd love to down a bowl of Reeses Puffs, but that's a risk I don't want to take on race day!
 

7. Do you take the snacks from spectators along the race route?
I haven't done it yet. During the Nike Women's HM a group of nice spectators were giving orange slices and baby wipes to runners, I thought it was awesome, but I didn't partake. I'm too scared what eating stuff that I didn't train with, will do to my stomach.

8. If you can be anyone for 24 hours, who would you be?
I'd want to be Christina Aguilera. I would just walk around singing everything and be in awe of my own voice. This is a good question, I feel like I need more time to think about this, but that is my quick, off-the-top-of-my-mind answer. 
 
9. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you during a run?
It could be worse, but I'm horrible at snot rockets. There have been way too many times that I get it on myself, my legs especially. I have yet to master the art of snot rockets, but I'm trying. I don't even want to jinx myself by saying this, because it hasn't happened yet, but I hope never to have any BM issues on a run...
 
10.If you can go back in time, what advice would you give to your 10 year-old self?
Be confident. Try out for competitive soccer. Everyone has insecurities, so just own it and be yourself. Be more grateful for Mom & Dad, they do more than you realize (at this time in your life).
 
11.Why do you run?
This question is always so hard to answer. I run because I can. Because there are plenty of people who cannot and wish they could. I run for those people. I also run because I know it is good for me. By no means is it my favorite fitness activity, but I know it helps keep me in (somewhat decent) shape and it also counteracts some of the delicious food I love to consume! 

So there you go, a little insight in to the person behind Ganeeban (aka Stephanie)! Now I am supposed to nominate 11 bloggers, but I'm sure most of the ones I currently follow have already been nominated. So I will nominate just a few bloggers that I follow on the reg:

1. Sarah at Sweet Miles 
2. Kelsey at The Go Girl Blog 
3. Karen at la chanson de ma vie 


Here are my questions to you:
1. What do you do with your race medals?
2. What is most expensive race you've entered?
3. Would or have you ever run in a race and not pay the entry fee?
4. What scares you most about fitness/running?
5. What is your favorite part about running (anything goes here)?
6. How do you get yourself out the door when you really, really, really don't want too?
7. Do you read running books or watch running DVDs?
8. What is your dream race to run - any location, any distance?
9. What is one piece of advice you'd give a new runner?
10. GU, Hammer, or something else?
11. Who inspires you?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love your answers!! At least you're not shooting your snot rockets at a runner trying to pass you up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ron! That was fun...yes, no poor fellow runner has been attacked by my attempt at snot rockets. I try to do them when I'm solo, because it can get really embarrassing! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...