Pick a Side, Any Side!

9:44 AM

Screw whatever I had intended to write.

This looked too fun, not to play!

So there's this girl..and I'm obsessed with her blog. J/K, but I do enjoy reading her daily posts. The lovely Cori over at Olive to Run posted this Would You Rather Running Style Survey #7

#1. Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm?
I'd have to say thunderstorm. I can deal with thunder, although I might be a little jittery/cracked out looking runner. Although it's hard to lace up (if this thunderstorm included) when it's raining, but during and after, I always love running in the rain. The drops hitting my face gives me a little runners high. Maybe I'm weird, but California gals aren't too into snow - well at least not when it doesn't involve a board or ski's - and then I still don't like it that much!

#2. Would you rather breathe through your nose or breathe through your mouth?
Since I'm stuck being a mouth breather since birth, I guess I'll go where pastures are greener. I'd love to be able to strictly breath through my nose. So many things would be easier, running, the dentist, EVERYTHING. I've come to accept that I'll always be the loud breather wherever I go, but given the choice, I'd love to be quiet nose breather! 



I don't even know what this means, but it goes along with mouth breathing!


#3. Would you rather do 100 squats or 100 crunches? [Now take a break and go do them. ;)]
100 squats any day! My abs are weak, so I should probably choose them. However, I love cakes...so I'd squat it out any day!

Even though I don't pin often, it should read IG!


#4. Would you rather have a baked good for dessert or an extra serving of your favorite entree?
Ohhh, this is too hard for a self prescribed fat kid! If it's a fresh baked cookie, then that wins. If it's one of my fave meals, which is like 1,000 different meals, then I'd love an extra serving. Can I answer BOTH? Cause that's what I'm going with!

#5. Would you rather run on a treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour?
A treadmill. You're talking to a former treadmill addict here. Before this year I strictly trained (if you'd even call it that) on a treadmill. Long runs were about as far as I could get in one hour - cause that's when the machine kicks you off or you have to re-start it, and I'm pretty dang lazy!

#6. Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch?
Since both happen more than I'd like - I'd say headache. Because when I have one, it generally goes away pretty fast when I'm running. Plus, I'm pretty dramatic, so when I have a side-stitch I run all crooked and have my hand on my hip nursing the ache! 


Cause I'm a wimp!

#7. Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or a day off?
Hmm, good one! I think I'd like a rest day on a work day. I make better choices during my routine, work days. I tend to make bad choices on the weekends, so working out seems to balance it all out in my head - yeah, rational, I know!


#8. Would you rather be a race director or a race volunteer?
Race director! I would love to be an event planner in life, but the cookie didn't crumble that way. I love the craziness of planning and executing an event, even if it's just a brunch or a birthday party - all the details make me happy! However, this year I'd like to volunteer at least at one race - as a thank you to the running community where I live. I run a decent amount of local events, it's time I give back (and also do a river clean-up day where I run a lot as well). I'll keep you posted on this one!

#9. Would you rather spend your money on running gadgets [HRM, GPS watch, Headphones] or running shoes?
By running gadgets do I get to include clothes? If so sign me up, well I'd still pick that anyways. I love running shoes, but I love shopping more. So gadgets allow me to shop more frequently! I'm a Saucony Kinvara addict, so I know when it's time to buy a new pair - so that's boring. I like to spice up my gear all the time!

#10. Would you rather run in a relay or do the run portion of a distance triathlon?
I do both each year, so I'm not sure. I guess I'll go with triathlon, because it's a change of pace. Running to find your partner in a sea of bikes (Eppie's Great Race) is always fun. Then watching the last leg finish and meeting your team at the end is really fun. So yeah, I'd say triathlon!



If you didn't notice, Cori focused this on on just running "would you rather's". Since I'm late to the blogging game, she has already posted 6 other "would you rather's," so feel free to hop on over to her blog and take those survey's too! This makes today's post super easy and quick, but it's fun! Take a stab at it, I bet you'll enjoy it!

I'm not good at choosing, I ask too many questions...

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. It's not just Cali girls, Midwest born, current Southern living girls don't love the snow either ;)

    Thanks for joining in and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those you love it or you hate it, kinda things ;)

      Delete
  2. Cori did a great job with these questions! I was cracking up at the sidestich/headache debate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes she did! I'll have to go find your survey!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...