'eeeef Friday

10:05 AM

It's Friday. Its Fabulous. Five Fabulous "F" things going on in my life...




Feast: 2 years of regular, once a month girls nights happened last night. I would have completely forgot if M didn't say anything. It was fun to realize we've done it consistently for two years, but the feast was delectable. H made almost the whole thing, it was Thanksgiving three weeks early and it was so tasty, I left feeling sick because I ate so much. From crescent rolls, to the turkey, to a perfectly baked apple pie - we had all the fixin's and kidlets we could wish for. It was the usual suspects that come every month and it was great to see everyone, this month gap seemed longer than others.
 

November Girls Night Feast!
FutureWell, my immediate future, means I have 30 more days until I complete my first marathon. 2 more really long Sunday runs (16mi & 22mi) and a few speed workouts sprinkled in between. What I thought was a long time coming in March, now is four short weeks away, it's sunken in and I'm a mixed bag of emotions!


One Month Away...EEEK!
Funerals: Today is the 21st anniversary of the day my Grandpa passed away (Papa Bears dad). This marks the first significant loss in my life. It was the first person to pass away in my immediate family, I was in 4th grade. Sadly, this was also the first time I rode in a limo, which was followed by many more funeral limo rides, before it was for a fun occasion. I wish I could have spent more time with him. I did get to spend plenty with him when he was alive, which I'm grateful for, but I wish I had more time with him. I know him (and the rest of my grandparents) are watching over me, but I still feel a little cheated that he left us so early! Also, tomorrow we lay to rest my great Aunt P! She was such a kind hearted soul and I'm glad she is at peace and no longer in pain. I know her husband and my Grandma are excited to have her in Heaven, partying together. 2013 seems like the year of death - family and friends, way too many funerals this year!

First: time making Church Aunt's famous sweet potato dish and it turned out great...well that's what all the girls said last night. I wasn't too nervous to make it, it was fairly simple, except when I got home from the eye doctor and I couldn't read the recipe...that was a little worrisome! But it turned out great. Since I don't cook very often, I had to buy all the ingredients, luckily the co-op has bulk bins for all the ingredients so I didn't have to buy regular packages and have tons of left over ingredients. This is good for me, except most people have a normal stock of flour, brown sugar, etc.!

FocusProbably not the way you think. Focus, as in my eye sight. As much as I hate to admit it, my pretty decent eye sight is less than pretty decent these days. Don't get me wrong, it's still really good, but for things farther away, I have a hard time focusing in on the words. It doesn't get tested too often, but at times when a menu or sign is really far, I really strain to focus, when before I was able to read it clearly. I guess the effects of 30 are really setting in ;) I went to the Optometrist for the first time in probably a decade yesterday. He said he'd prescribe me a small prescription, but that I didn't really need them. I could tell he didn't want me to try so hard to pass all his tests, but I didn't want to fail. I felt like I was in school, I was trying really hard, it felt like real work...haha! I think I was taking it way too serious! 
 

Dilated Eye, No Biggie!

Have a fabulous weekend y'all!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...