Hello, Moon!

11:30 AM

Another "first" off the Running list!



I'd like to think I was a Ninja of the sorts this AM. However, my hot pink "pow" Nike capris & bright neon yellow running shows make this hard, but my black long sleeve shirt played the part.

Today marks the day that our weekday miles surpass 4! Which means I need to get up earlier to make sure I have time to get ready for work, ugh - running probs ;)

This also means that I cannot wait for the sun to peek out before I step foot outdoor. I knew I was probably making rookie moves, but I laced them up and went for it. Even though this was supposed to be an "easy" run, my sheer scaredy-catness made me a bit speedier than I probably should have ran. Not breaking records fast, but enough to know I was pushing it! 

I actually liked how vulnerable I was. Sadistic, much...right? I literally couldn't see right in front of me at times, continually hoping I didn't turn my ankle. Head lights coming straight at me, it was a little exhilarating and scary, all at the same time. It made me acutely aware of myself and my surroundings, this doesn't necessarily happen during the day time or even early evening. 

I do know that I should have been smarter about being prepared. Things that I might need to invest in:

1. Reflective Vest - ugh, I'll look so dorky when the sun comes up.

2. Headlight - I don't even want to go there. And I'll have to hold it after the sun comes up.

Since this seems like it will be happening more often now, I need to make some game time decisions on these additions to the "running crap" I've been accumulating lately! Most likely it'll be the vest, but a light truly would be helpful - #runnersprobs for sure! I think I'm too vain for morning darkness runs, good thing there aren't many people out running at this time and most likely, they'll look like goobers right along with me!

Running by moonlight is romantic, until you get hit by a carb or eat shit ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...