Happy, Happier, Happiest

10:38 AM

I could possibly be a closet Disney freak....

Could is incorrect, I am. It took just one trip back, after about seven years, to remind me of this. I completely and wholeheartedly adore everything about this place. The overpriced everything and over abundance of kids is not lost on me, but I just think of it as part of the experience.

The marketer in me knows what is going on here, but I succumb to it all like a little kid. I want everything, this time my affinity was toward Minnie, which has changed from the Princess collection stuff! Something about the red with white polka dots were luring me in. Everyday I sported a pair of Minnie ears with pride, even ones that lit up at night. It didn't bother me that I am 29 and still love Disneyland and what it represents. I will love it at any age, I can almost guarantee that for a fact.

The new Cars Land is pretty awesome, but still does not compare to the tried and true classics. However, one of my top three rides is a newer generation ride:

1. Space Mountain - a roller coaster in the dark, genius...pure genius!! A
2. Peter Pan - because I never want to grow up and because you get to fly over all the scenery!
3. Buzz Light Year - I love how competitive I can be on this ride!

Staying at the Grand California was so convenient, albeit a pretty penny (for the parentals). It was nice to experience a Disney hotel for the first time. I thought it would be branded with more Disney, but they kept most of it at bay. I think I was a little sad about that...but I still enjoyed it nonetheless!

However, the best part of the trip was all the time I was able to spend with my immediate family. Four adults, enjoying Disneyland and each others company. We went around as we pleased, no time table to dictate what we did. It was nice to laugh and joke around with my parents and sister, something that makes my heart smile! It's been awhile since we've done a family vacation, that wasn't a wedding or some other occasion, so this was the perfect way to start 2013 - spending good quality time with the three people who mean the most to me in this world. A takeaway that somewhat surprised me...but in a beautiful way :)

Three days were the perfect amount, but my heart wants to go back already. Still reveling in the happiness that it was, I'll grind out these two days at work happy and secretly wishing I could sport my Minnie ears to work!

Happiness is what you make of it...mine just happens to include Minnie ears ;)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...